Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, time has come where a mustang, even with the front pass seat removed, is not practical with having a 1 year old. Been looking for a family vehicle for a bit and finally found one today. It's a chevy so no need to discuss that haha. When I bought the mustang it was never meant to be a daily and for the first few years it wasn't, but after moving into an HOA with a "no trucks" policy (not my idea) I had to leave my truck at my moms. Well, now the truck needs to get sold so I can park the mustang there now. The good part is now thay the mustang is back to a toy, I can finally go "big" and get a turbo! :)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No trucks of any kind, freaking rediculous.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Damn east coast lol, I ****ing hate neighborhoods and thats one big reason why. My buddy recently moved into one and already got a 100 dollar ticket from parking slightly over the sidewalk in his driveway. ****ing hoa.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We were looking at several houses, this is the one I told my wife no to, only one that did not have a garage....well, happy wife happy life....or so I'm told lol.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
What kind of a Nazi neighborhood did you move to if the HOA doesn't allow trucks? Like trucks at all? I could see banning commercial trucks, but a pickup?
I live in the same kind oh HOA. No open bed trucks

·
Registered
5,648 Posts

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Well, time has come where a mustang, even with the front pass seat removed, is not practical with having a 1 year old. Been looking for a family vehicle for a bit and finally found one today. It's a chevy so no need to discuss that haha. When I bought the mustang it was never meant to be a daily and for the first few years it wasn't, but after moving into an HOA with a "no trucks" policy (not my idea) I had to leave my truck at my moms. Well, now the truck needs to get sold so I can park the mustang there now. The good part is now thay the mustang is back to a toy, I can finally go "big" and get a turbo! :)
That's too bad. Mustang was a daily from the day my boy was born till a couple of years ago. Maybe it was not the most practical but I made it work. But I totally understand though, priorities. You'll get back into one one day. You know it makes for a great father-daughter/son project down the road.

I've never heard of an HOA that didn't allow trucks. That is some crap. I can understand if the condition of the vehicle was in question but that just seems out of line. My HOA you can't have lettering on the truck bigger than a certain size to keep commercial trucks/vans out of there, that I can kinda understand. But to blanket all open bed trucks into a category for banning is lame.

My HOA got mad for me flying my Marine Corps flag because only the American flag is allowed. I told them to **** off and if they tried to fine me I would see them in court. The next month they said it was OK to fly it. Effin pansies.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My HOA says no even with a cover or a cap on it, pretty stupid.

I'm gunna see if I can find another place to park my truck, looking for another house in a year or so. Might be able to park it at my uncles and allow him to use it for home depot runs. We will see.

Boss, don't worry I am keeping my mustang :). Maybe he will be able to help me install my turbo :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts