Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i put 2" lowering springs on my car all way around "4months ago or so"......i left stock gt struts on the front, and used a cheap set of c/c plates! NOW my front passenger c/c plate is broke and my strut rod is bent a tench......i was wondering if anyone else has lowerd their car and wat struts they used and also wat c/c plates???

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Better yet what CC plates?!?!?! Hope they're not the ones I was fixing to get.....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol idk wat brand they are, i bought them off of a friend in a car club im in, ill see if i can find a pic of them.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
you would want to use something made for a lowered suspension.. i'm about to go with Eibach Sportlines on my 2000 GT and will be using KYB AGX adjustables and Maximum Motorsports C/C plates which are supposed to be some of the best next to Steeda.. you will bottom out stock struts/shocks with 2" springs (hence the bending of rods and breaking of C/C plates)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
+1 ^

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
you would want to use something made for a lowered suspension.. i'm about to go with Eibach Sportlines on my 2000 GT and will be using KYB AGX adjustables and Maximum Motorsports C/C plates which are supposed to be some of the best next to Steeda.. you will bottom out stock struts/shocks with 2" springs (hence the bending of rods and breaking of C/C plates)
+1
and i went with tokico d specs and i couldnt be happyer

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is a pic of them......i dont remember the namebrand of them, but i remember seeing a pic of a shark on their website a long time ago, if that helps any

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Those are UPR"s and there actually pretty decent. And i think if you wanted to you could use fox struts. They will be a little shorter and not stick up so much.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats the only pic i got on my computer right now that shows them, i dont feel like going outside and taking a pic lol.....they are junk now anyways, the passenger side one, you can bounce the car up and down and you can see the actuall bearing go up and down with it, trash

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well if they are decent, do you think that they could have broke because i used the stock gt mustang struts??.....my bullitt comes only 3/4" lower STOCK than regular gt's, and it had upgraded tokico struts on there STOCK.....lol i downgraded to a stock gt strut when i changed my springs because my stock struts were bad, i couldnt offerd anything else at the time

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm looking at the QA1 or something... And the only reason those broke is cause the strut was being bottomed out against it

·
Registered
634 Posts
Eibach makes struts for lowered mustangs, I am going with pro kit shock/struts with sportline springs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
here is a pic of them......i dont remember the namebrand of them, but i remember seeing a pic of a shark on their website a long time ago, if that helps any

looks like UPR.. they are decent quality.. i have a UPR quick release quadrant/firewall adjuster for my clutch and it was just as nice as the steeda and cheaper.. and a upr shifter.. both good quality for the price.. they're probably broken because of being bottomed out on.. hope you didn't do any other damage!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I hav mm cc plates with stock struts slammed on coilovers and my struts bottom out atleast once a day, cc plates held up great I'm getting kyb agxs on Friday wooo payday
Why kyb's? Im just curious you can get strange adjustables or lakewoods for the same price and there better for drag racing which is what im guessing what your going for..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.