Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mustang History

read thru it.........It ends with a shouting match between the two rivals and security hauling ass down the track to break it up. Now this is Mustang history ........

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
it's too long lol

what was the time?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After swapping the tires, Saitz pulled in front of the grandstands where Mallicoat offered a handshake before the championship match. “You better pull that thing outta my face”, said a grinning Saitz as he stared at Mallicoat’s outstretched hand, “before I rip it off and shove it down your throat!”. Stunned, Mallicoat lunged at Saitz but Mallicoat’s family and most of the GIR Security team held him back long enough for Saitz to jump in his Mustang and prepare for the final round. To a chorus of boos and cheers, Mallicoat jumped in his Camaro and pulled into the water box.
Burnouts complete, the two staged with the crowd on its collective feet. Announcer “Radical Rich” Tivitt asked the crowd to pick its favorite in a battle of over one half-million dollars of new SCSS machinery. As the green light flashed, the nearly-silent Ford shocked the crowd by hooking up solidly and leaping to a car-length advantage. By half-track, Mallicoat’s Camaro was only a few feet behind the Ford but the smallblock turbo car stayed in front for the duration of the race. While Mallicoat charged to another incredibly consistent 6.38/219.24, Saitz’s Mustang blasted out a mind-boggling 6.19-second ET at an incredible 236.23 mph…the quickest and fastest run on DOT tires in drag racing history!
Incredibly, the action didn’t stop there. The crowd soon noticed the ambulance pulling out onto the track surface past the finish line and, while Tivitt quickly assured the fans that both drivers were safe, the medical technicians arrived at the end of the shutdown area to find both Mallicoat and Saitz involved in a loud shouting match outside their cars! A physical altercation was narrowly avoided but the difference of opinion continued in front of the main grandstands during the trophy presentation. “You ain’t seen the last of me!”, shouted an angry Mallicoat as the crowd cheered him on. “I’ll be here every week waitin’ for you!”. “Yeah, yeah…whatever”, laughed Saitz. “I’ll be back next week. We’ll see if that big, bad Chevy can beat this little small block Ford!”.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
wow, the mustang driver seemed like a doucheburger

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really not me. I thought the chevy guy got what was coming to him.

As driver after driver recorded career-best performances during qualifying, Mallicoat staged up for his first full-throttle attempt with thirty-one minutes remaining in qualifying. After a 1.015-second sixty-feet ET, the new orange Camaro blasted to the numbers at which Mallicoat only hinted during his initial test run. The crowd stared at the scoreboard in stunned silence before bursting into a massive cheer when the numbers were relayed: 6.409 seconds at 215.47 miles per hour! Pulling his Camaro in front of the main grandstands even before the semi-finalists were called for eliminations, Mallicoat told the fans while being interviewed by Jason Dukes on the P.A. system, “I just became the first Shootout Series driver in the sixes at over two hundred miles per hour! Now, all you whiners come get you some! Just get in line over in the stagin’ lanes and I’ll start takin’ y’all in alphabetical order!”

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nah, it was the Chevy guy who had his panties in a wad. I'm sure they knew about each other and the rivalry finally had a chance to present itself outside of cars.

It's almost a plot from a movie lol.

6.19 in a small block Ford. I love it.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
"The new NHRA Safety Rule which states all nitrous oxide systems must be purged inside the cockpit was well-received by racers who apparently thought the new regulation was hilarious"

This was the best part of the article...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
"The new NHRA Safety Rule which states all nitrous oxide systems must be purged inside the cockpit was well-received by racers who apparently thought the new regulation was hilarious"

why would they make you purge inside the car

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I think it was a poorly executed joke.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts

Haha, I thought that was funny... then again I just purged my nitrous inside my car a minute ago..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts