Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some months back, Ford held a contest asking the public to name the 2011 Mustang V6 Perf pk trim. I never got around to participating because I had just bought "no name" 2011 v6 and already had plans for a name badge for my car. Besides, I thought for sure I knew what the name was going to be..
unfortunately, I recently found out that Ford picked a winner and the name is: Mustang Mayhem. That is the most ridiculous name for a car I've ever heard. Mayhem would be cool name if it was a monster truck about to do battle against Grave Digger; but for this outstanding and totally transformed car, No! This car needs and deserves kit glove marketing. It has to overcome decades of jokes and stereotype in order to be judged by the hated without even a test drive.

I came across the idea for a name for the V6 when I Googled 2011 Ford Mustang V6 just prior to buying the car. As a matter of fact, what I found was so fitting that it was one of the deciding factors for me to risk the relentless criticism I knew I might get for purchasing the known little poser. In reference to the V6, Wikipedia refers to the car immediately by its Motor, Cyclone 37. A bored out 3.5 Duratec Motor that is one of several Cyclone motors. A sports car owner could only be so lucky to have the name Cyclone associated with it. Am I wrong? The name Cyclone V6 smoothly rolls off my tongue. To me, it infers performance and works big time.

Never the less, I am ordering my graphics including badge at the end of this week off Ebay. I am putting Roush style side stripes with Cyclone text sitting modestly on the top. I may get criticism for my Idea, but if they are driving a pre 2011 GT (4.6) I won't hesitate to embarrass my big, but little brother. Oh what the heck, lately, GT's, Z28's, Camaro SS's, Challenger RT's avoid me like a bad habit anyhow. Every time I get close they coincidentally turn off down some side street. The ones I have managed to corral have all become Eagle Scouts all the sudden. I can't pay one to race me anymore. Maybe its because Im overly anxious. I bet they see me waiting, doing the lie and wait mode at a closed business exit as they drive by.
Anyways, I think Ford blew a chance here to give the Mustang V6 a better image. Probably should have just tweaked the body style enough to produce a totally new car with a clean slate.

·
Registered
491 Posts
So what youre saying is.... something about street-racing and beating v8 cars in your 2011 v6? ....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well ya..

Ive lost 2 street races after 6 months and 10.000 miles of chasing down anything that might be a challenge. Ive only seen a couple of 11 Gts and raced only 1. That was my first loss. The other loss was a late model Corvette. I cant count the older model GTs Ive beat because theres been several. The most memorable was the 2009 GT CS that chased me down several miles through tight traffic just to get along side me and try to intimidate me at a light. Surprise to myself, I pulled away from the get go and when I went into 3rd (my power band) he was back around the bumper and gave up turning off some side street. Despite that fact he was arrogant and deserved getting his arse handed, I felt sorry for him a little too. He is a Mustang owner after all. I easily smoked a 2000 z28 the other night and all he could do was rev the v8 engine afterwards trying to make me jealous of the sound. I told him it sounds nice... when I want to hear it Ill slow down and wait for ya. lol I love the ironic humiliation this car has given to these arrogant kids.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
so let me get this straight...you want to call your car "the cyclone", and you race in tight traffic from red lights? cool story bro

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its Cyclone already just like Boss

Im not really naming the car just identifying the motor. So there is no confusion between the 2010 and 2011 v6's. The Roush stripe looks lame with sport on top. But to reply to to your other remark, yeah Ive raced some on the street. However, I always let the polite ones off the hook. Lately though, I cant get close to a Mustang. As soon as they spot me they turn off every time.
There is one mustang I cant seem to shake and thats the older V6s. Ill blow their doors off and minutes later I look in my rear view and here they come up again. It reminds me of when Apollo Creed fought Rocky the first time. I admire that though.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Im not really naming the car just identifying the motor. So there is no confusion between the 2010 and 2011 v6's. The Roush stripe looks lame with sport on top. But to reply to to your other remark, yeah Ive raced some on the street. However, I always let the polite ones off the hook. Lately though, I cant get close to a Mustang. As soon as they spot me they turn off every time.
There is one mustang I cant seem to shake and thats the older V6s. Ill blow their doors off and minutes later I look in my rear view and here they come up again. It reminds me of when Apollo Creed fought Rocky the first time. I admire that though.
well just keep in mind street racing isn't allowed on this section or anywhere else on MM except for the street 101 section...

alot of people here do not condone it

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Ive lost 2 street races after 6 months and 10.000 miles of chasing down anything that might be a challenge. Ive only seen a couple of 11 Gts and raced only 1. That was my first loss. The other loss was a late model Corvette. I cant count the older model GTs Ive beat because theres been several. The most memorable was the 2009 GT CS that chased me down several miles through tight traffic just to get along side me and try to intimidate me at a light. Surprise to myself, I pulled away from the get go and when I went into 3rd (my power band) he was back around the bumper and gave up turning off some side street. Despite that fact he was arrogant and deserved getting his arse handed, I felt sorry for him a little too. He is a Mustang owner after all. I easily smoked a 2000 z28 the other night and all he could do was rev the v8 engine afterwards trying to make me jealous of the sound. I told him it sounds nice... when I want to hear it Ill slow down and wait for ya. lol I love the ironic humiliation this car has given to these arrogant kids.
Do not discuss illegal activities, including street racing, on this forum.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
My question is this. How do you red light race and have a .956 r/t? I mean at test and tune the only thing that matters is E/T, but when racing for wins, if it takes you almost a full second to get off the line i find it hard you beat anything.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
My question is this. How do you red light race and have a .956 r/t? I mean at test and tune the only thing that matters is E/T, but when racing for wins, if it takes you almost a full second to get off the line i find it hard you beat anything.
lol nice

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good observation

I had never been to a drag strip when I ran that quarter at Fire Bird lake. I was looking at the other cars hood instead of the lights. It was my first and only run on a strip Ive ever done. Before that, I had never even been to a race track.
I also left the traction control off by mistake and spun the little 215x65 tires at the start and going into 2nd. They wouldn't let me go again because they have a under 14 sec helmet rule. I think reaction to the lights is something that may take me practice. Its definitely different than reacting to a cars hood right beside you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I got few pics

Im going to get the only ones i have and thats off my Blackberry. However only external thing Ive done to my car is put a steeda 305 hp gun metal grey sticker on the cowl.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Your advertising your horsepower? Its a matter of time before a guy in a faster car sees that and womps on you. lol

But nice car nonetheless. If it were me, I'd much rather advertise my engine and not my HP...

·
Registered
90 Posts
This guy reminds me of when I was 16 and i had a 96 camaro that i dropped a Ls1 with comp cams in it and i thought i was a badass......

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
^^^ haha this guy totally reminds me of a teenager who just got his first car and think it beats anything.

i think he see's the 305hp ad for all the new v6 and automatically think he can beat all v8....

why are you trying to compare yourself to any v8 in the first place? if you wanted a track car, why didn't you just get the 5.0

i did the whole 11' track car thing, full bolt on's and LCA and and almost full exhaust minus headers....alll just to get 13.1-13.2 ON A GOOD NIGHT (don't believe me, ask SC who ran that time WITH LT headers)....any other time i'd run 13.4-13.6.....all the newer GT (4.6) were running 13.6-13.9 stock, and with a tune and cai they were tied with me

i invested a ton of money JUST to tie (and sometimes beat depending on driver) a gt....you can imagine my disappointment!

but i can you this, the 11' rides nicer and on a auto x it whomp on the gt's! haha

EDIT- is your car stock????? i just looked at the pictures...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
This guy reminds me of when I was 16 and i had a 96 camaro that i dropped a Ls1 with comp cams in it and i thought i was a badass......
Lol cammed LS1's are badass though, and OP do you even have anything done to your car? Because I have raced plenty of gt's and although I have beat most of them(most of them also being stock) I also have a few mods.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Lol cammed LS1's are badass though, and OP do you even have anything done to your car? Because I have raced plenty of gt's and although I have beat most of them(most of them also being stock) I also have a few mods.
From his pictures, it looks bone stock, not even the upgraded gears!

one perk about racing at the track, you get to know exactly why you lost or why you won when you raced someone. So you can actually say you beat a stock Gt or a modded GT...plus it's more safe!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Youre Right, I said some arrogant crap

I apologize to all you guys. I was a little fearless and talking trashy because of a few beers and my mood. I hope you guys will overlook some of the stuff I typed last night.

My car only has a CAI CL, and SCT tuner w/87s87p/91r tunes

I ran that 1/4 in january and it was cold that night. Otherwise, I cant explain the car performing on par despite my slow RT. With a good driver Mod and everything else being equal it would have been a low 13; which is too fast for just the intake and tune on 3.7. I cant explain it. I thought for sure it was high 14's, after watching numerous 3.7 videos with good starts running 13.7 etc.. I 3.7 ahead of me had the huge chrome lowrider type rims on his and heard the announcer say 14.5.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts