Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been having some issues recently, the car was very sputtery but i fixed that with a new fuel filter. but today all of a sudden it started feeling all "lumpy" if thats the correct term. i know its either misfiring or not firing at all.

what i need to know, is with a misfire, what do i do to diagnose the cause? i have some exhaust leaks on the passenger side to get sealed up on friday, but i changed the plugs 10k miles ago and im going to check those. im also going to change the wires too. might pick up new plugs if these look bad when checking.

besides checking and or changing plugs and wires, what do i look at if the problem still exists? coil pack? injectors? if so how do i make sure replacing one of those would solve my problem.

edit: thread where i talked about sputtery issues.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...ttery-under-acceleration-possible-causes.html

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Could be the coil pack itself... I've heard of them going bad... possibly the fuel injector but haven't really heard much of those going bad, may be clogged up. Esp. if you had a previous fuel issue as mentioned. You can get them cleaned (I'd do them all if you choose that route, not just the 1).

Find out which cylinder it is. Unplug 1 plug at a time until you pinpoint it. Don't run the car for long without plugs plugged up, but a short time to figure this out won't do harm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It can be as much as a PCM the PCM is what grouds the circuit of the fuel injector
plugs wires ingectors or injector circuits will cause it as well.
If it is only missing on one cylinder it will not be a coil pack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts