Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i just got my first mustang bout 2 weeks ago:D, its a 2001 mustang v6 and i love it but its all stock. i dunno much about mustangs im just learnin a few things here and there now. basically i wanna know if im lookin to improve performance, u know more horsepower, what should be the first thing i start doing to it???

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
Want opinions??? Start with a cheap CAI and get dual exhausts. Its a good base to start from. This has been debated a billion times and I think this is what most people would say.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
heres the cheapest possible way to get the best performance out of ur car:

1----xcal 2/3 flash tuner
2----4.10 gears and t-lock(do both at same time to save $$$ on install)
3----cold air intake
4----nitrous

and than if you want to continue w/ more bolt on mods than do:

5----full exhaust(longtube headers, 2.5" o/r h-pipe and 2.5" catback)
6----25% underdrive pulleys
7----aluminum driveshaft

than after that you can get into internal engine work and big power adders like turbo/supoercharger

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
CAI, Dual exhaust and nitrous

·
Registered
300 Posts
get an exhaust first.. so you actually feel/sound like your driving lol..

Then performance wise.. I know everyone who has Gears and T-lok, including from personal experiences, has ALOT better acceleration. And tune to back it = a whole new feeling car, performance wise.

·
Registered
587 Posts
get an exhaust first.. so you actually feel/sound like your driving lol..

Then performance wise.. I know everyone who has Gears and T-lok, including from personal experiences, has ALOT better acceleration. And tune to back it = a whole new feeling car, performance wise.
+1. And welcome to forums! Hope you like us and your car!

·
Banned
808 Posts
getting a tuner first would be spending wayy more money than needed..
do your planned mods first then get the tuner so you can auctally tune it for the mods you have not the mods your going to have then pay 50$ a tune for more mods

·
Registered
300 Posts
thx guys for answering, been alot o help n i love this website :D
First things first. High Flow cats, removal of phase 1's, and some mufflers of your choice. Dual's of course!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
First, Welcome to the forums. Second, what is your budget? How much money are you willing to spend on the car? You have been given a lot of good advice in this thread. However, before you do anything to your car you should figure out what your ultimate plan is for the car. Once you figure that out, start modding in a logical way to reach that goal.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
getting a tuner first would be spending wayy more money than needed..
do your planned mods first then get the tuner so you can auctally tune it for the mods you have not the mods your going to have then pay 50$ a tune for more mods
Not if you get your tuner from Trick Tuners, SCT Flash Tuners, SCT Flash Custom Tuning, PLX Devices widebands and gauges, SCT Flash tuners, SCT Xcal2, sct livewire, sct xcalibrator. You get free custom tunes for 2 years:D:cool:! After that it's just $40 for another 2 years!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts