Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,

(before anyone bashes me for wanting to put a trailer hitch on my mustang, hear me out :whackylol:)

I am wanting to get a pair of slicks for the track. The problem is that I don't have a truck, trailer, or any extra space in the car or trunk for the slicks. I have a trunk mounted intercooler tank, so I stuff the car full of coolers with ice.

Does anyone know of a trailer hitch that is very well hidden or have any other ideas to haul the slicks to the track?

Plus, with a hitch i can finally fly an american flag comfortably (I am in a few parades and cruises that require an american flag) :rockon

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Get another car to go with you. I always have someone else come with me.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Just buy some different tires. I've never even ran a slick.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Reactions: FORDY9ER

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Official Site Vandal
6 Posts
i was at an auto-x event and i saw a guy who had purchased an extra trunk lid for his car from the scrap yard. he removed the wing, bolted two pipe flanges to the lid, and screwed in two short pieces of pipe. then he would mount his race wheels on the pipes, and clamp them down. its worth a shot if you can find a cheap trunk lid

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
It's not a bad idea at all. Think of all the guys who do it for drag week every year

Reactions: FORDY9ER

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help ya'll! I am just worried about it looking tacky. But with how simple they are to install, I guess I could always remove it when I get back from the track:usa

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Just buy some different tires. I've never even ran a slick.
I've just heard slicks are a lot better for stick cars, want to try it for myself

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts