Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought about a week ago now a maximum motorsports k-member and arms and aje coilover conversion. I like it and all but I thinks it's to heavy and not so tubular. But looks strong. Would I be better off just getting the aje or even upr k member and a arms?

Also my friend came over tonight to show me some parts he just bought for his pro charged 306 notch. And he got a granatelli k member a arms and coilover conversion for $300. It also came
with brand new lakewood 90/10s that the coilovers don't even fit over. Never knew granettelli made this kit. ???

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Granatelli sucks.

Their stuff is just cheap knock-offs of other people's parts.

I'd rather run stock.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said the coilovers don't even fit over the new Lakewood drag struts. The k member looks exactly like my MM one and the a arms kinda too.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
MM is usually heavy(ish), AJE makes some top quality stuff, they tend to be on the light side for K members as well. I should be putting on their coil over set this weekend. One great thing about AJE is that you can all and talk directly to Anthony whenever you want, so you get no bs from the middle man, I'd PERSONALLY go with AJE

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think these aje coilovers are pretty nice and I think the k member is only $279 ish but the a arms are like the same price as the k member. Any reason why the granatelli coilovers don't fit over Lakewood 90/10 drag struts?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i know with some struts you have to take a cap off of the top of the tube

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That won't affect the sealing of the tube itself? I saw that lip but I was unsure if that's cool to do

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
When I talked to Anthony this week he said I would have to remove the gold cap from the top of the Strange adjustable ones that I'm going to put on.I'd call and ask him, he's always more than happy to help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i had to remove the top cap on my lakewoods to fit in my upr coilover setup. it was in their nstruction manual which makes me assume that it will be fine. btw, i like the quality and weight of my upr tubular k member. not sure how the ride quality is yet (because my car isnt running yet). just my $.02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts