Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read alot on here about weight reduction and finding thing to take off the your really dont need when turning the awsome creations ( i'd like to call them mustangs) into drag cars. so i guess what im asking is i want to know the weight of your mustang and what you took off to get it there. pics would be awsome.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
My car weighs 3300-3400 depending on gas with me in it. I have removed whatever I could from the back of my seat to the trunk, removed pieces of suspension that I dont need anymore and a couple other little things here and there that I dont need anymore. Depending on how much time you have, and what you dont mind losing, you can get them below 3000lbs fairly easily

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
is that 3550 without gas and whatnot?
not sure on that i just done some research on how much the 04 weighs and thats what i found. some years might be different i dunno, i just needed to know because i wanted an estimate what it would weight with my fat ass in it which is 3850 not including gas, so i figure i am damn near 4000 with a half to quarter tank:eek:

·
Registered
997 Posts
that is probably with.
full tank.
assumed 200lb driver.
full interior.
spare wheel.
spare jack
spare lug wrench.

but thats what im assuming.
still dont know if it would would
come out to 3550.
but if ford says so its true ..right ...
haha

·
Registered
997 Posts
not sure on that i just done some research on how much the 04 weighs and thats what i found. some years might be different i dunno, i just needed to know because i wanted an estimate what it would weight with my fat ass in it which is 3850 not including gas, so i figure i am damn near 4000 with a half to quarter tank:eek:
bro i think that is WAY to much. lol..
matter fact when i get off work. im going to go weigh my car again
and make sure.
the station is down the street from my job :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
bro i think that is WAY to much. lol..
matter fact when i get off work. im going to go weigh my car again
and make sure.
the station is down the street from my job :D
yes please do! cause i hope that those specs were wrong:mad: if they are right then i guess i need to lose weight lol.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
The only place I know of in my area is the scales at the local dump and my car sits to low to make it up on it :( lol

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
bone stock machs weigh right around 3500, these cars are fat pigs

·
Registered
997 Posts
just weighed mine 10 mins ago.

3420 lbs

BUT there was wet snow on the scale. and i have a bunch of **** in the car.

i think my weight of 3375 was right before:yes

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i havent weight mine yet the only thing i have in the interior is my dash and im bout to rip out the heater core and all the a/c vents and tubing i have the front and rear bumper supports gone. im converting to manual brake system getting rid of the egr and evap system im using kirkey racing seats with aluminum brackets and sheet metal panels. my goal is to get it down to 2700 lbs range. is there anything else i can get rid of to reach my goal?

·
Registered
997 Posts
i havent weight mine yet the only thing i have in the interior is my dash and im bout to rip out the heater core and all the a/c vents and tubing i have the front and rear bumper supports gone. im converting to manual brake system getting rid of the egr and evap system im using kirkey racing seats with aluminum brackets and sheet metal panels. my goal is to get it down to 2700 lbs range. is there anything else i can get rid of to reach my goal?
carbon fiber that mug:D
but thats expensive :sorry
the price might even make you :shitbrick

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i wish i could carbon fiber the car but it was hard enough to find a 5" cowl hood ive been looking for carbon fiber bumper fenders door panels etc. i know they make a carbon fiber dash that i have been looking at what all do i need to keep it "street legal" i dont need to worry about emissionj ust the lights and keep the motor going

1 - 20 of 27 Posts