Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 2002 Mustang Gt. If and ONLY im driving for about two hour (+/-) 10 min straight the car will loose all power (while im driving). If i give it gas it revs super slow and only till like 3k but like its getting too much fuel or misfiring and then die 5 seconds later. If I shut the car off it will start right up again.. But then it will die again a few seconds later.. If I let the car sit for like 30min it will run like nothing ever happened.

If I dont drive it for an extended period of time (more than 2 hours) then it runs PERFECT.. WTF

The only code I have gotten is P0190. FRPS which I changed bc I had a spare and the car is still doing it.

The fuel Pump is Less then a year old maybe 8k on it. Its a aeromotive stealth 340.

You guys have any idea what could be the issue?!???

·
ASE Master Tech
149 Posts
you need to find a way to monitor your fuel pressure while driving. you could have an issue with the regulator or the pump. Those p0190 codes usually have you replace the pigtail for the pressure sensor as well when you do the repair because they have had issues with faulty connections.

·
ASE Master Tech
149 Posts
Could be a heat issue. I has a chevy blazer that would run perfect for 30-40min, then it would lose fuel pressure, stumble and die. Let it sit for 15-20 min and it would run fine. Ended up being the fuel pump quitting when it got hot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I guess the stealth 340 cannot be ran with "returnless" systems and if you do run it i guess it will eventually start to over heat and cause it to shut down which I think is whats happening to me

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sounds like vaporlock... which i've never heard of on anything fuel injected. It has to be the pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.