Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, well i've considered doing this lots over the last couple years. I finally got ahold of a Mark VIII engine for $250. It's a 94/95 mark motor and it's coming with a set of 98 heads (which are supposed to be the better of the bunch.

I'm excited about this as it's been a project i've wanted to do for awhile. my procharged 2v is putting out 370 hp with low boost, hopefully i'll be able to put out somewhere more near 420 on 8 lbs with this setup. from what i hear the b heads like boost.

if anyone has a pretty good write up or link on how they changed it all up please feel free to post it in here!

Looks like i'm going to need a few parts, like 96-98 intake, throttle body, COPS/COP covers fuel rails, manifolds, etc....if you have any of the stuff i need feel free to pm me.

anyways here's some pics of the engine i've got:

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Congrats on the $250 4v. Any plans on throwing in forged internals so you can up the boost whenever you are comfortable with it to make bigger numbers?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dunno if it's in the budget right now. as it sits i'm probably going to have to spend a couple hundred to get it in the car. i may be doing that but it's possible i'll throw it in there on low boost. i don't have the engine in my possession as of right now, still at the guys house waiting for me to get over there and pick it up.

·
Registered
649 Posts
your going to need some different supercharger parts to swap your supercharger setup onto that motor. i have a vortech intake elbow with the sensor still in it for sale if ud like, it bolts onto the cobra throttle body. PM me if you are interested. its the polished one, not plastic.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The intake you need is either going to be a 96-98 Cobra intake, or a 97-98 Mark VIII intake. I am pretty sure that you are going to get big numbers with the procharger. A guy that followed my guide got 276/288 to the wheels with an EGR delete, ORX, and flowmaster cat back, still with 19lbs injectors and the GT tune.

Here is the latest revision to my guide, I can't edit the one here.

Step by Step guide to installing a Mark VIII motor in a 96+ GT. - MustangForums.com

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i'm on the prowl for a 96-98 intake right now. i should just build my 2v for what it's going to cost me lol. but i've always wanted a cobra and here's my chance to have one so i'm gonna go for it.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
you might be able to get away with just rods and pistons, and you can get those fairly cheap if you look for them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
yeah i'm on the prowl for a 96-98 intake right now. i should just build my 2v for what it's going to cost me lol. but i've always wanted a cobra and here's my chance to have one so i'm gonna go for it.
Yeah, those damned things are expensive, which is why I didn't bother with it. No sense in spending $300 to gain maybe 10HP. On boost though, it will probably make a significant difference.

·
Registered
649 Posts
oh do the cobra motor. on 7lbs of boost i made 505rwhp....i know thats with a turbo but the B heads looove boost, and the pull is amazing!

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what i like to hear :)

i'm trying to get a set of forged rods and mahle pistons from a guy on svtperformance if he'd answer my thread/pm. then serious build would follow :)

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
consider looking into a new crank as well if you don't have the forged one. Have you looked into modifying a cobra manifold?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i've seen ported short runner intakes available, but they're a good deal more than the stock ones. i need imrc deletes thats for sure.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The Teksid block can hold 1400hp and is the most amazing 85lb aluminum block Ford ever put into their cars and mean put since it wasnt manufactured by Ford it was manufactured by Teksid who actually builds blocks for Ferrari and also built Ferrari blocks for their F2 formula race cars. That just gives you an idea how amazing the block really is. And thats not too mention these block love boost like a mother ****er.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I have done a chunk of work on 99-04 manifolds, I bet I could do a psr 96-98 manifold fairly easily for you if you want, and lghtng02gt is right, no need to buy imrc deletes, just rig up stock imrc plates and it will be fine.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
welp, looks like i found a deal on mahle powerpak pistons and modmax h beam rods so it looks like she'll be built. i'm going to be in this for way more than i planned originally (hell i didn't even consider a 4v til it came up for sale a week ago on my local forum) but that's okay, i'll have a built 4v :)

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well the pistons i found are a little bit lower than what i'd probably like, i believe it's 8.6 or somewhere around there. 16 cc and .020 over.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts