Modded Mustang Forums banner

201 - 220 of 427 Posts

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Decided to mini tub it too... so that means rear coil over rack and mini tubs have been ordered... gonna look like this when done.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Just because I'm still getting into drag, what does mini tubing it do for you?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
it allows for rear tire clearance. Basically I cut out the factory tubs and cut all the way to the frame rail in the back. Put in wider tubs and then can fit a 29x10.5W tire or a 325 Drag radial.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Oh okay gotcha. Still an awesome build you got.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks Pretty Sweet :) I hear no_pi_no_power can run a tig weld bead

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #207

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Are you going to run X275?
depending on where my degree takes me and where I end up living, but that is one of the classes this car is being built for... XDR on the west coast PSCA, X275 and Outlaw 8.5 east coast...

Our area has nothing to offer really for heads up stuff though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Im not sure about that, but I know he can run a camera!
That he can do! Your car sure has came a long way since back in the day when I first met you at bandimere. I think back then it was stock and then the next time I saw you it had Big old Hoosiers on it! Cant wait to see it when its all finished up :)

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
That he can do! Your car sure has came a long way since back in the day when I first met you at bandimere. I think back then it was stock and then the next time I saw you it had Big old Hoosiers on it! Cant wait to see it when its all finished up :)
It has come a long way...

Are you coming down to RWR next weekend? Mantz was talking about it. If you are your more than welcome to check it out first hand! Im on the way kinda. Havent decided if I wanna go down for the dyno day.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ill be going down there for sure. I enjoy being around car guys and seeing new cars and new setups. Its always fun to see what the "hot" new setups are.

And Yeah I would love to stop by and see it :)

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Ill be going down there for sure. I enjoy being around car guys and seeing new cars and new setups. Its always fun to see what the "hot" new setups are.

And Yeah I would love to stop by and see it :)
I will have the mini tubs and stuff there that weekend so I should be starting on those. But your welcome to stop y. I keep telling tyler, even though he isnt welding pieces in and notching things, he helps in keeping my mind clear and helping me think things through

amazing build dude. You got some real skills

Thanks man! I appricate it, im not sure if I am skilled or lucky though lol

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
make sure you go into definition with the tubs and coilovers.. that the direction i'm doing aswell
There will be plenty of pictures!!

Nice to have money to build a ground up race car.:naughty::naughty:

I dont have money lol I can buy and sell parts efficiently and I don't buy other dumb stuff. I'm doing this myself cause I couldn't afford to pay some body to.

I have eaten ramen and hot dogs all week for lunch and dinner. Total of 8.54 cents for 8 meals. It's all about the sacrifice you are willing to give towards it.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Not even sure this is worthy an update... I got the two gussets done for the front of the windshield. Those are a bitch to get to notch correctly and then hold in place and weld. I had 2 clamps and a magnetic square holding it place to tack together.

I was notching the first bar on the x bracing on the roof, and it turns out that my notcher malfunctioned... I gotta retap a hole tomorrow and put a new bolt in it.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I have eaten ramen and hot dogs all week for lunch and dinner. Total of 8.54 cents for 8 meals. It's all about the sacrifice you are willing to give towards it.
You must not have a girlfriend. Mine almost strangles me when I spend all my money on my car and none on her

201 - 220 of 427 Posts