Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered MAC LT headers 3 weeks ago from MustangsUnlimited. They billed me immediately for the headers. I'm still waiting for them. I've received 3 emails from MU saying the headers are shipped from MAC. WTF? :mad:

Is MAC really that slow at shipping? Anybody else have this happen? MU have offered to refund my money.

Anybody know of any vendors that actually stock MAC LT headers and NOT have them shipping from MAC when they get around to manufacturing them?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
By "billed" do you mean they have already charged your credit card (a real charge, not a pending "hold")? If it's a full charge the it is a violation of Federal Consumer Credit laws, call them and tell them that.

However most legitimate vendors do not run a full charge before shipping--make sure what you have seen is not just a pending/hold on your card...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yes. MAC is really that slow. They sent me a header with a leak last summer and I've been waiting since then for a replacement. Sorry man, I've tried to warn everyone I can. Making 99-04 GT headers is not at the top of their list. I bought mine from Lethal Performance and it wasn't long before Lethal removed themselves from the picture.

·
Registered
594 Posts
BTW. I waited for over a month for the headers to ship from MAC initially. A friend ordered from BBK and it took them over a month too. So it isn't unusual.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, they BILLED ME. I have the credit card charge to prove it. Ordered on 3/30 and billed on 3/31.

I also ordered a Pro Chamber. I got that right away. Anybode know if that will work on something like FlowTech's? I really don't want the hassle of trying to return the stupid thing. This blows.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
sucks to hear that bro... i orderded my prochamber from them and got it pretty quick but luckily i bought my LTs from a member on here so i didnt order them from MAC... good headers tho, id say theyre worth the wait! thats odd for a company to charge you that soon though if they arent ready to be shipped.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Nope, they BILLED ME. I have the credit card charge to prove it. Ordered on 3/30 and billed on 3/31.

I also ordered a Pro Chamber. I got that right away. Anybode know if that will work on something like FlowTech's? I really don't want the hassle of trying to return the stupid thing. This blows.
Call your credit card company and let them know, they will send a nasty-gram to the vendor telling them to not do that, or lose their charge card processing abilities.

One other thing to keep in mind, you have usually 60 to 120 days to dispute a credit card charge--that clock starts ticking when the charge is recorded. If they screw around long enough (as in the history reported by BUllitt5566) then you can lose your right to dispute the charge.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ordered mine from breenspeed got them in 4 days the flare ends on the prochamer where split i called breenspeed they asked for pics sent them pics they talked to MAC, MAC sent me a shipping label to send back directly to MAC and they sent me a new one i had it in a few days (actually had it before i sent the first one i got back)

·
Registered
678 Posts
At times Mac can be months behind on things.

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Weird. I ordered my MAC LT's from Lethal on a Saturday, they were at my doorstep on the following Tuesday, but not from lethal, some other vendor here in Ohio.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I actually called cj pony parts to order full mac exhaust, longtubes, prochamber, and catback. they said they were on back order, so I called MAC and asked them whats up. They told me it woule be a week before the catback was even available and that the longtubes and prochamber was gonna be 4 weeks, so i bought a used off road prochamber for stock manifolds and a use catback. It was in awesome shape, looked barely used and worth it considering i didnt have to wait on MAC. I love the way it sounds to and the 3.5 inch tips look awesome. Everything fit good as well.

Honestly i looked into it, i didnt think it was worth the 10 hp (yes i know ther are more benefits to long tubes) than the hassle associated with them, installation, fitment, leaks, etc.

my 0.2 cents

·
Registered
305 Posts
Personally, I wouldnt give MAC a dime of my money.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Weird. I ordered my MAC LT's from Lethal on a Saturday, they were at my doorstep on the following Tuesday, but not from lethal, some other vendor here in Ohio.
Mac's midwest warehouse/distribution center is in Dayton so they were probably drop shipped directly from there.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I've had quality issues with thier parts on my old V6, as well as heard of others with quality issues. Also shipping issues like the OP stated
There is a reason why Mac doesn't cost as much as Kooks, Stainles Works, Amarican Racing, etc.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
There is a reason why Mac doesn't cost as much as Kooks, Stainles Works, Amarican Racing, etc.
never heard anyone say anything bad about MAC haha. **** kooks, im not paying 800 bucks for headers... kinda stupid if you ask me cuz there really isnt that much difference. sure they may flow a bit better, but nothing youre going to notice and def not 400 dollars worth

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I wanted 3" Pro Dumps, and ordered them, and was notified a couple days later (after I was charged as well) that they were on backorder, and they didn't know when they would be shipping. It seems they get behind on stuff...

I ended up cancelling the 3" order and going with the 2.5"....

·
Registered
678 Posts
never heard anyone say anything bad about MAC haha. **** kooks, im not paying 800 bucks for headers... kinda stupid if you ask me cuz there really isnt that much difference. sure they may flow a bit better, but nothing youre going to notice and def not 400 dollars worth
There are plenty of differences like stainless steel vs. aluminized mild steel or Mac's crappy coating. Actually I have seen a lot of Mac headers fit a lot better than high dollar Kook's headers but if you are racing in a heads up class and chasing every last horsepower then its worth the extra money for Kooks or comparable headers.

Oh and will say something bad about Mac headers. Their coating is JUNK. I have never seen a car where is lasted more than a couple thousand of miles before people and flaking off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts