Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm such a tease, no youtube here.

I'm just sayin everybody should get to experience installing a supercharger and Bassani Race axelbacks at the same time.

PUUUURRRRRRR.....

They drone more than my Bassani Streets. Sound a lot better otherwise. Drone, for now, seems manageable. Much more so than Stingers did a while back (though I did not have headers with my Stingers like I do for my Bassani's).

I will say the muffler hangers on my Race axelbacks suck ass. I've had a half dozen kinds of muffs on this car and these hangers are by far the worst fitting. It is going to take some grinding & cutting on my hanger brackets to keep the hangers from vibrating against them.

Might even resort to cutting the hangers completely off and having them re-welded to fit.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Vids vids vids

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of squeaking & rattling to fix first. Here is the culprit.

I have this on each muffler. Believe it or not, after the car warms up muffler shift to the back of the car by 1/8". That hanger which is so close to the bracket then squeaks and rattles against it.

Every other muffler I've had didn't do this. Other hangers angled more away from the braket (from lower left towards upper right in this picture) instead of being mostly vertical right up against the bracket.

This stuff is really hard to bend too. Gonna require a muffler shop that hopefully has a tool to bend 1/4" steel rods. Heck, maybe they'll fabricate a new hanger.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love this exhaust enough that I swear I'm gonna get this fixed. Looks like an easy fab job to cut this and add some horizontal pieces of 1/4" steel to the top & bottom. In other words, extend the top horizontal part and add a new horizontal member to the bottom.

On the other side of the car I got a air tool cutter thing and removed some of the bracket and it helped...until I discovered the mufflers shift back 1/8" under heat. I wasn't expecting that.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
hah my bassani catted x came in tonight. i cant wait to get it installed tomorrow and im gonna have the shop fix the rattle and the aligment of the tip also! got a question but is there a difference in which side i place the cat's?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Left & right side cats are the same. No diff there.

Got my rattle fixed this morning. The shop put the car on a lift, dood stood under the car with an overhead grip on a 5 lb sledge hammer and....pounded the tip of the hanger a few times and got me a good 1/4" at clearance. No more rattles & squeaks.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
This stuff is really hard to bend too. Gonna require a muffler shop that hopefully has a tool to bend 1/4" steel rods. Heck, maybe they'll fabricate a new hanger.
With a little persuasion from the fire wrench, you can bend that **** with your pinky.

BTW, vids or ban!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I agree man manipulate that sucker.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, not so much fixed.

After a spirited run to test my boost guage, the **** was rubbing again. Not as bad, but still rubbing. I'm gonna have to take this muffler to the woodshed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts