·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Not the best. I bought it like this too. I'm not a fan of the red Ford Hubcaps. I'll remove those soon, and buy chrome rims for it. It ain't the best looker, but this baby takes me around, and got her for only $4000 for 60,000 miles on it as well

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Nice mustang man. 60,000 miles is great! I got my 1999 GT in May, had 75,000 and got it for 5800. Welcome to the mustang family!

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts

Not the best. I bought it like this too. I'm not a fan of the red Ford Hubcaps. I'll remove those soon, and buy chrome rims for it. It ain't the best looker, but this baby takes me around, and got her for only $4000 for 60,000 miles on it as well
$4000 was a steal. But considering how it looks, I'm surprised the dealership didn't pay you to take it.

I'm interesting in seeing what the previous owner looked like. Save this pony from the fate of the Prior Owner.

Nice mustang man. 60,000 miles is great! I got my 1999 GT in May, had 75,000 and got it for 5800. Welcome to the mustang family!

Might wanna pop the hood. I see a lot of things on the car that screams V6... The GT logo doesn't look OEM either.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yikes. Decently a V6, but looks like it has potential.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a modified V6. So it's a fake GT (sadly)

The prior owner who had the car swapped the v6 engine into a v8 engine, I'm damn sure it's not the original v6 engine. We changed 8 spark plugs instead of 6. I don't know why the car doesn't have dual exhaust then? Whoever had this car was just being retarded. I do like the design though. I'll just buy chrome rims for it. 160$ each??

Should I change the rims first, or go for the dual exhaust y pipe? Looks or performance first?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Yeah it's a 6. Poor thing needs some stuff undone to it. But it can look good again

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I don't know why the car doesn't have dual exhaust then? Whoever had this car was just being retarded.
If I remember correctly, some of the old 5.0Ls came with a Y-pipe so the previous owner may have just used the old exhaust when he swapped the engine. And yes, whoever had it before you was definitely retarded. Hopefully you can turn it around.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Alright, this would be my hit list.

1. Get some new wheels PRONTO. I would go chrome or machined.
2. Get ride of those god-forsaken halos.
3. New grill and if you have some extra cash, a chin spoiler.
4. Ditch the custom "GT" badge and the license plate frame.

That's the minimum I'd do before I started on performance upgrades. That should all be very cheap too besides the wheels obviously.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Basically take off anything the PO did!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Also, I'm getting some new bullit side scoops soon in all likelihood, so if I do I'll shoot you a PM if you want mine. They're in perfect condition and I'd sell them to you cheap. I don't know how far away you are, but shipping shouldn't be much. They have all the tabs and everything. The cheaper route would probably be to just paint the honeycomb black though.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
To be honest, I LOVE the halo lights

I'm not pulling a spoiler on the 'stang. It just looks...ugh. It looks better without IMO

I think these rims will look GREAT for the car

Black Bullitt Mustang Wheel 94-04 (17x8) at AmericanMuscle.co 28088 - Free Shipping!

Will they fit on my car or do I have to do some adjustments with the tires first?

I think it'll be about $500 all together. I'm not really sure
I would get some wider rims. You're not gona be able to fit much tire on those.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
****. Anyone know good rims though that would match the car then so I wouldn't waste much money adjusting ****?

By the way, I live in Northern Jersey

I'm sure you probably will see me around driving one of these days. The car sticks out lol

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I'll show photos when I get new batteries, or a new camera. Those photos technically were from the dealership website that I got from

Would 18x9 rims fit better on the car?

EDIT:
Mustang® Bullitt Wheels

This is for all 4 rims, correct? Not each?
18" wheels look about perfect on New Edge Mustangs. I don't know what sort of budget you're working with, but if you have a little extra cash to spend I would recommend going 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the rear. Nothing screaming "muscle" more than some fat tires in the rear.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
car has potential op! Sounds like you have some good plans for it too can't wait to see how much better it looks with some new wheels

1 - 20 of 74 Posts