Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am in need of your knowledge and assistance....

I have a 2002 GT with a stock stereo deck installed.
The car is wired with Mach 460 audio - it came like this from the factory.

I had a 95 Thunderbird and I installed a touch screen/cd combo kenwood stereo deck in it but the screen retracted when the car was turned off.

Is it possible to get a touch screen navigation/radio to install in place of the stock deck? Also I do not want the screen to ever disappear - I want the screen to always stay visible and never retract.

On the new Shelby GT500's the touch screen navigations are mounted right into the dash - this is what I would like to install on my Mustang.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

PS- I attached two pictures to the post... the first is what the stock interior looks like and the second is what the upgraded GT500 looks like

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you are looking for a double din radio. It is the best kind to get for your vehicle and the screen does not pop in or anything since its a double din.

Make sure that you get the double din dash kit and the harness for the mach system which has rca inputs on it.

Reactions: PonyBoy02

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. What is the best kind of unit in your opinion? Will the Mach wiring harness hook into any screen that I buy?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
there are alot of great companies out there but the company that I have used now for the past 15 years is Pioneer. There is Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, and others that have double din screens. The harness that you purhace will connect to the wires that came with the pioneer and then it will plug into the factory ford plugs.

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the Mach 1 harness will plug into any aftermarket screen I purchase?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
no you will purchase a dash kit and a harness that are seperate pieces to the radio and what it comes with. when you remove the factory radio there will be plugs 2 plugs and your antenna which are all male connections. You will take the female ford plug that you purchased and match it color for color to the radio harness that comes with the aftermarket radio. you then plug all the plugs into the corresponding female slots, plug the antenna in, then you are good to go.

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fantastic. Thank you for your assistance!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
no problemo:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts