Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been stalking the pages for a while and have had my stang since 2010 but decided it was time to do something to it to make it stand out and be (MINE). After some time I decided I wanted to get a factory hood scoop so I purchased one online on Cyber Monday for $150. Once I got it I was going to take it to my local shop to install and paint it to match my Car. I spoke with a friend and he suggest painting it black with Plasti Dip to see what it would look like. So I did what most of you would do and photochoped it with a couple options. Hood Scoop Only, Cowl Area and Scoop, Strip covering scoop, or Full Hood. Once I started to look at them I noticed that the 2010 has really nice lines on the hood and found a line that I thought would look good and thought to myself I have seen this done before. Then on Google I realized why I have seen it before. My dad showed me a picture of a car that he owned back in the early 70's years ago and realized that was it. A 1969 Mach1. Red with Black Hood and Spoiler. So I decided to make mine into a tribute to that Mustang.

Pictures to come in next post

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the before picture.

Here is the Inspiration

Here are the after pictures. Hood scoop installed painted hood with Side emblems as well.

Let me know what you all think. I am still planning on painting the spoiler or getting a pedistal spoiler and painting it, the back deck lid between tail lights and the wheels.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I love the idea, but is that plasti dip? I'd go on and get it painted if I were you. Do the black spoiler and get some rims. Pretty car and welcome.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
no one did this before, unique I say

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes

I love the idea, but is that plasti dip? I'd go on and get it painted if I were you. Do the black spoiler and get some rims. Pretty car and welcome.
It is plasti Dip for now. When I get all the parts installed that I want I am planning on making it permanent by using a body shop to paint it all. I am planning on getting a chin spoiler and hood pins as well as rear louvers. Still deciding on the wheels though...

BHD - Thanks. I had a tough time finding anyone who has done it so thought why the hell not...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I agree with getting it painted. I think it'll turn out great, it looks like a cool idea. I know some company sold retro headlights for the 05-09 models, idk about the newer ones though.

And Welcome to MM

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
Very unique! I love it. But definitely get it painted...

·
Registered
267 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You

Thanks all... I hope to get the rest of my parts by the first of the year for the appearance then I will focus on the performance once my warrant expires.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
:yes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts