Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have recently sent my car in to get my gears installed this may be stupid but can i beat a 99-04 gt? kinda a broad topic i knw there is many variables ... and are pontiac gtps anything to worry about ??thanks

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ok with the gears you shouldnt have to worry about a stock 99-04 mustang.....that is if you can drive......as far as the gtps......my mom has an impala SS which has the same motor and i have seen a few run at the track......my car pretty stock and there is one that has the boost cranked up and he runs only about less than a 1/10th of a second faster than me so once again if you get your gears then those shouldnt be a problem

·
Registered
401 Posts
blake did you get master rebuild kit with them too?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes sir got the ones with the bearings and all

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i didnt ask him.....all i know is that he said he had the boost up and i know that on my moms car you can barely hear the supercharger and his was very noticeable

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
you should not have to worry about either one of those if you have gears

+1

i used to have a 99 with some bolt ons,. and i firmly believe a 5.0w/gears vs 99w/stock gears the 5.0 should take it.. the main reason my 99 felt faster was cuz they come stock with 3.27's, stock 5.0= 3.08's

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That adds a little to my confidence thanks is headers a good next mod ?

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
some guys can drive the piss out of those new edges..i have seen a new edges with just an o/r midpipe in the 13s...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and now my confidence is takin away LOLbut my goal is to get under 14 in the quarter haven't been yet

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i think gears will put him in the 13s

·
Registered
569 Posts
most foxes came with 273's and yes i believe gears and a good 60ft will get u in the 13's

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea i wandered about the 308s cause i knew that 273s were .... but your think that i can get 13s? even with a vert

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well i didnt realize it was a vert but still with your better flowing exhaust and the gear and some good driving im sure its possible

·
Registered
401 Posts
guys remember its a vert not a hatch get some slicks pro starts or drag lites gears good driving could get high 13's but it will be harder with a vert

·
Registered
401 Posts
+1000000000 for the subframes makes a completely big difference in the way the car feels and drives..

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
a stock 5.0 will take a stock new edge anyday..there alot lighter too..and 5.0's also came with 2:73's too not just 3:08s..just get subframes, drag radials, full exhuast and gears then those dip low 13's REAL easy...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well i wouldnt say they are a lot lighter.....maybe 100-200 pounds i think

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.