Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the left lane - dialed a 6.63, wasn't paying attention at the light and hooked better than expected :) This is the last pass I've made in the car. Upgrading fuel system and putting a 6 pt roll bar in right now.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Wish I had your setup. Nice et and trap. You got me really wanting to try a WOT box on my bony pony to see if it helps. I'm not boosted but if anything just the two step would help me tremendously when launching the car.

I took my car to the track on NT555 Streets on Chrome Bullitt 20's and got a 8.3 on weak bottle pressure and I beat a new 5.0. I thought I was doing something hahaha. Spun my ass off for the rest of the night. I was trying to see 7's on street tires but don't think it's possible. Ended up blowing the tires off or screwing up the launch for the rest of the night... 6.58 tho is in the gap. Im taking notes.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Damn man your Shits moving! Low 10s in the 1/4 for sure.

That's 3 tenths off Fastback's time and he's hauling the mail! :yes

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
I bet his car back halfs better than mine, and we'd be real close atbthenend of the 1320.

Nice pass though. What track are you going to down there? I was in Plano here a few weeks ago, because I bought a boat from a guy down there.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice! And congrats on tuning it yourself, what are you tuning with btw? I'm hoping for similar times out of my car.
Thanks, I use SCT Advantage to tune it. I'm just finishing up my return style fuel system and that gets rid of a bit of tuning headache! haha

69Fastback - that was at Redline Raceway east of Dallas.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I created mine from scratch using the SCT value files where applicable. Yes, I learned most of what I know from asking Justin questions 8-] He probably has my email address on spam alert hahahaha He's really good with our cars.

You can pretty much build a base tune just on value files. Hardest thing of course is getting the maf dialed in. Cams provide some challenge but not much.

Good stuff, I use the advantage3 as well. Did you write your tune from scratch using the value files or get a starter tune? Justin at vmp made my starter tune but have to modify it quite a bit for the new motor.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have the Greg Banish tuning dvd - he's like the guru to the gurus. DVD is pricey but worth it if you want to tune your own EEC car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts