Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was backing up last night, and everything seemed fine, I get about 10 feet, not on the gas or anything, and the car just... died. Idle didn't surge or anything.. it just died. It's a stock AOD.

I started it up and it drove just fine. It has reversed fine ever since. What would cause this? The car also sometimes won't go into gear. I'll be stopped, hit the gas and it will rev, but just stay in place and jump forward after a few seconds.

Could these issues be signs of a failing transmission? What's my best bet, just change the fluid and wait it out? If so.. what kind of fluid would you recommend, and how much? It doesn't happen all the time, but enough times to where I've realized it may be a problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you checked your fluid, and are you checking it properly (car warmed up with engine running). What color is your fluid red, brown, or black? Does it smell burnt, and when you rub it between your fingers does it feel gritty? Have to be careful about changing fluid if you change it and the transmission is to far gone it can stop working all together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts