Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal, my buddy blew the timing in his 00 eclipse gs... so he had a rebuild, new rods and new pistons and everything else.

Well he got it back and there was something immediatly wrong with it... it was idleing at 3000 and there was almost no oil in the engine... we opened up the oil cap and there was air being pumped out, we guess from rings that wernt put in, so it was losing compression with every piston turn.... wtf is going on? He needs help

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bring it back to who rebuilt it.

He just did today, but they fed his some bs... they said that there was build up of gunk in the oil pan and they replaced the oil pan, but its still acting up... these people are dumbasses, they sent it somewhere, they didnt do it themselves. All we need help with is what do you think is wrong?

we think they didnt replace the rings or sumthing...
and what i think is... because all the compression is going out through the oil cap, there isnt enough compression to bring the oil back up from the pan and thats...

its real noisy too... u can hear the lifters like crazy

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
the blow by is easy to check..
pull your pcv.

it doesn't matter whats wrong.. they messed it up .. they fix it or get someone to on their dime.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
it's when oil gets past the valves

·
Registered
761 Posts
I just told my dad about this... and he said if they dont get it fixed RIGHT.. and if they make you pay for it, you can file something in the 'small claims court" if you have proof that they did your motor work wrong... he said you could easily get em because they should be able to do the work right if they have there business for it

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just told my dad about this... and he said if they dont get it fixed RIGHT.. and if they make you pay for it, you can file something in the 'small claims court" if you have proof that they did your motor work wrong... he said you could easily get em because they should be able to do the work right if they have there business for it
well the thing is, they had to send it somewhere to get this done... and these mechanics obvoulsy dont know ****. My buddy's dad has been taking their cars to them for the past 20 yrs, i wouldnt trust them with my 1995 huffy bicycle

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Plain and simple man.. your friend had the motor sent out to have it fixed.. it's not fixed.
they fix it for free like they should have in the first place or have it done somewhere else on their dime.

there is nothing they can do otherwise legally.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't know too much about the 2000 and up Eclipses, but the 99 and older Eclipses with the 4G63 had hydraulic lifters that adjusted automatically. So if it's based on the same concept the oil pressure might be the reason for the noisy lifters. I would definantly take it back if he paid the money to have it rebuilt.

·
Registered
927 Posts
who did he pay ?

them ?

if so there responsable regardless whom they sent it too to have the work done.

its simple
-you pay me to do something
-i send the work to be done by someone else
-it doesnt come back correct
-its still my fault and i have to get it fixed.
-you deal with me and not a third party unless you paid the other party

if they dont want to do anything and he paid via :
1.credit card call the credit card company and hold payment
2.check ..put in a stop check
3.cash ...go to the county court house and file a claim against them in small claims court (its like $15 bucks) and anything under 15k can be handled in small claims court here in nj .

then take it to court make sure he saves all the paper work and bills and keep a log of all days,times and people whom he spoke to.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok i'll tell him. He paid $2500 for the whole rebuild... a ****ing rip for a 4cyl if you ask me... he's been saving up for a 99-04 stang gt, but now this **** happened, so he had to fix it so he can still sell it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts