Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys ever senice this spray ive been itching for power. So its about to go down :D

How does a MMR 600 shortblock with new heads cams and a borezilla kennebell sound? any input on what brands i should go with. ive researced i just want your guy's input this is my first build. im also going with a 4.10 gear ratio and 31 spline rear-end. and leaving exterior completely stock. i like haveing a sleeper.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Better look for a new tranny (TKO?), suspension (upper and lower control arms,Shocks and struts, springs) and definently look into some bolt ons. 600 HP is no good if you cant put it to the groud.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do you think a t-56 would handle the power? also im going full suspension and full bolt-ons of course! but do you guys think this build would be worth the money?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

actually i just found a vid close to what i want.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Suspension might not be as cool as buying a supercharger, but what i learned was that the car is built from the back to the front. Suspension is where it truly counts. What size shot you running too? I'm running a 150 on a conservative tune and putting down some sick numbers. Youll also want gears and tires. Nittos, Hoosiers or Mickey T's drag radials. A 6-speed can also handle up to ~600 HP supposidly. Thats my two cents. I love my setup, but its what you are looking for that matters.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
a t-56 should handle it fine. They are generally good up to that much power without any mods. Higher and I think you would need to double check.

Whether the build is worth the money is your call. Personally, spending 10k on my car, to get 600 hp would be worth it. The car would be faster than anything you meet save some super cars, and it would not have cost you anywhere near that much.

If performance is your goal, its worth it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Is this going to be a track car or street car?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im going to drive it on the street and track. also i have a 100 shot on it right now.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Ok so let me get this straight...you wanna do an MMR 600 with a KB 2.6H and some combination of aftermarket heads/cams? Fox lake for some cleaned up TF's runs almost $2500, cams are your preference...comp make some nice grinds...MPH makes a cam specifically for use with a KB....I would step up to an MMR 800 or greater though...with that combination your gonna knock on 600Hp's door real quick lol and ditch the 4.10's....3.55/3.73/3.90 is more than enough gear and with that kinda power and torque its not gonna go straight anyway lol

·
Wished my car was done.
267 Posts
Well i don't know anything about the MMR 600 shortblock. We put a D.S.S. racing level 10 shortblock in my car with patriot stage 2 heads, comp xe274 cams, and professional products intake. We eventually plan to supercharge it.

I believe the t-56 will do you just fine. And the level 10 shortblock we got is rated for i think 900 hp. Hope this can be of help.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah the MMR 600 is a waste of money if you really want to make big power. Get the MMR 900 or stroke 950. its a bit more, but well worth not having to go back in there in a year and replacing the motor.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kk thanks ill be going with the MMR 900.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Remember the horsepower rating for the block is crank power NOT WHP, so a 600 block is only about 500whp, not very much.

Def Get the MMR 900 at least!

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
was it just my imagination?? or was that dyno pull in the vid 3rd gear? almost 7000 rpm @ about 95mph? fail.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yea u wont want 4.10s with a twin screw super charger!! youll burn them rim off!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats how i wont it :D i like to have fun but ill also get the suspension to support those 4.10's

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
was it just my imagination?? or was that dyno pull in the vid 3rd gear? almost 7000 rpm @ about 95mph? fail.
Saw that too. Fail +1.

Although, maybe there's a correction factor for the gear used?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I realised the same thing....he has taller tires on there too. Thats stupid should have done a 4th like 99% of other places do lmao.

That Vortech GT that you posted a video of is nasty. I would love that setup but a KB instead of a Vortech. Like the others said definatley go MMR 900 for the extra couple $100. Well worth it. And definatley lower your gears. If your planning to hit around 600rwhp, Id go 3.55 or 3.73. Id personally go 3.55 so I have a long 4th gear.

Good louck man keep us posted

1 - 20 of 20 Posts