Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Test the bad sensors with a multimeter, see what's wrong. They're just potentiometers. See if they all have the same problem.

Maybe somehow it's not mounting correctly, and damaging the arm inside prematurely? (not sitting flush).
Maybe the car harness side connector has a problem?

I'm surprised they last as long as they do (normally) - look inside one.

·
Spray Me
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked voltage during operation? Any chance it's getting a voltage spike that's killing it?

Any high temperature components ajacent to it?
Have not checked voltage, shouldn't have any heat problems...

What should I be getting voltage wise?

Test the bad sensors with a multimeter, see what's wrong. They're just potentiometers. See if they all have the same problem.

Maybe somehow it's not mounting correctly, and damaging the arm inside prematurely? (not sitting flush).
Maybe the car harness side connector has a problem?

I'm surprised they last as long as they do (normally) - look inside one.
I have checked each on and they all have dead spots at about 3/4 throttle. Seems like its mounted correctly, never noticed them being hung up or not flush.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Did this start happening when you installed the Accufab TB?
They are pretty flimsy things, crack one open, and check out the little arm, and piece of metal it scratches up against. Sounds like a mechanical problem in the sensor - that's why i was asking if maybe it wasn't sitting flush when mounted.

Without saying much more, i've actually made several tps automated testing machines - they seemed to have a rather high failure rate even brand new.

My dodge 4.7L V8 would eat throttle pos. sensors too. I replaced it once every couple years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts