Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
riding in my car is like riding in a wooden wheeled covered wagon on a dirt road. its so noisy and every bump feels like a huge pothole. what can i do to improve the ride quality greatly without sacrificing my suspension mods? it already has polyurethane bushings.

·
Registered
997 Posts
-do you have it set to stiff for your liking.
- did it always ride like that.
-if not when did it start.
-did you get under the car make sure somthing was not broken.

those are just questions i would ask myself.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
+1, has it always been riding terrible? Or did you replace something? Was it it after you installed something? ,etc. etc.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tubular k member, front coil overs with QA1 springs, tubular a arms, weld in sub frames, mm caster camber plates, 4 pt roll cage, steeda strut tower brace eibach springs in the back, polyurethane bushings...

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
tubular k member, front coil overs with QA1 springs, tubular a arms, weld in sub frames, mm caster camber plates, 4 pt roll cage, steeda strut tower brace eibach springs in the back, polyurethane bushings...
Whats the Spring Rate look like for the front springs?

Weld in sub Frames and a 4 Point are going to help stiffen the car along with the Polyurethane bushings its going to make everything tight atleast when compared to the stock rubber bushings, along with the strut tower brace so the car should feel real tight i mean the few things you do have done are going to make the car more ridgid, so if its a super smooth ride is what your looking for, buy a cadillac :p

A Shorter side wall tire is going to ride rougher also alot of things come into play with the way a car feels/rides...

As far as making noise what kinda noise? Coming from the front? back?

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ agreed :yes

Sounds like a spring rate issue to me. When I had traditional CO's at all four corners, I was running 300# (f) and 200# (r) and was comparable my original Saleen suspension. I get LOTS of general noise due to spherical joints everywhere, but not quite as solid a frame as you with roll cage.

Tires could also be a big component here. What tire and profile are you running?

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my tires are nitto 555 255/40/17 on the front and daytona 275/40/17 on the back. im not sure what the spring rate is but its stiff as hell. and my front end sits about 3 inches from the pavement. theres about an inch or so between my tire and fender. i get a lot of squeaks and such and sometimes a noise that sounds like springs bouncin up and down. could i need to replace my front coil overs? what else could be causing so much noise? it rides so rough that im almost scared to drive it because it feels like somethings breaking everytime i hit a bump. i cant hear myself think inside the car.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
again, has it always been noisy?

could be your shock broke, making everything really bouncy

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
It could be that its getting cold. Remember in the cold things start to contract. All the joints get stiffer, all the interior panels start to squeak (atleast in my car) and so on. It may just be because its cold =/

·
Registered
437 Posts
It could be that its getting cold. Remember in the cold things start to contract. All the joints get stiffer, all the interior panels start to squeak (atleast in my car) and so on. It may just be because its cold =/
he lives in NC, i dont think its quite cold enough for that to happen. since my sister was at the beach two weeks ago. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea. but i think im just gonna get rid of my car. today i downshifted kinda hard and somethin clanked and i heard and felt it all the way up the roll cage when it did. like i blroke it or somethin. idk. im sick of this piece of **** car.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
it aint a peice of **** if you know how to take care of it. did you buy it modded?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes. biggest mistake ever if you ask me. im just kind rebuilding it now though. im gonna try replacing my spring seats and isolators this week and get it aligned. then im gonna start with visual stuff and get a cobra r hood, black headlights, a saleen spoiler, maybe some fr500 wheels and then get the car painted. i also would like to convert the inside to that of a 2002 car like the radio bezel and what not because i want a touchscreen pioneer unit. is that possible?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts