Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was driving along and I noticed my light was on in the cab so I checked to see if my door was shut and so on, then I started messing with the light on the headliner and the next thing you know my radio shuts off and so does that light. My light is just kinda jammed up in there(its a sunroof) and I was going to unplug it, but as soon as pulled it down the radio stopped working.

Those are the only things that aren't working and I checked the fuses and they were good and other than that I have no clue where to start cause the wiring in this thing is so messed up.

I have connectors in this car everywhere that aren't plugged into anything someone installed an alarm in it and that's disconnected now and there's still all those wires everywhere. When I put the radio in someone effed all that up and I tried to fix that some. I've had no electric problems since early January

I'm clueless when it comes to the wiring and I need some help with this cause its a nightmare and I have no idea what's what or where to start

91 LX

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The stereo and light may be on the same circuit....when you grabbed the light you may have push the power wire into the sheet metal of the car, grounding it out and blowing the fuse. there's only one wire up there and the light gets it ground from the body.....

EDIT....i didnt read far enough to see that you already checked your fuses.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check them again later, any idea where to get a fuse panel diagram saying which fuse is which. I don't have a owners manual

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
is the light in your glove box work or your power mirrors, under hood light , chime for the doors? check fuse 8, not sure though

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the light in your glove box work or your power mirrors, under hood light , chime for the doors? check fuse 8, not sure though
Forgot power mirrors don't work either

no glove box light on my car or underhood light or door chime

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
All those things i listed are on fuse 8 according to my owners manual.

Good luck with it and keep us updated

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
My car was going crazy before I left for this deployment man, I had a heat soaking issue and while I finally got that fixed and I got a new starter cable and then boom, the CCRM is going crazy on my... Not priming, fan kicks on high, tach is going insane.. so I re grounded the engine with nice 2 gauge cable, nope.. I had to manually ground out "Forgot what wire" but a wire coming off the CCRM at the cost of having my fuel pump running continuously while the ignition is in the on position. I can live with that lol I was very close to ditching EFI and carbing the bitch!

Oh and you should have seen the security system and remote start I took out... what a hack job.. gota love it man

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll eventually find time to work on it, and ill be sure to tell you guys what I find

look like fun?

and thanks for your service Timm

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
That's pretty much what I'm doing, lol. I trimmed all the wiring I didn't need for a bare bones EFI street car. Took quite a while.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I figured it out and I feel like a dumbass now,

it was a blown fuse....

I didn't see it at first cause it was blown at the top and only I noticed it cause it sparked there when I put it back in

Good luck with yours fogged... your gonna need it lol

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
My wiring is done, just finished it yesterday actually... now I gotta get my engine in and make sure I didn't screw **** up, lol.

Glad yours was something simple. Just a thought though, if a fuse blows, there's a reason for it. You may want to check that headliner for a potential short in your dome wiring somewhere. Could have been what ryan said, or you could have had a chafed wire and moving it was just enough to pop the fuse. It may pop again someday when you hit a bump or something stupid so it's a little insurance to check it out now.

·
Registered
535 Posts
o man i thought i had bad wiring til i got in here lol. im glad to hear your issue was just a fuse. the other pic looks horrible but anything can be fixed, good luck-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts