Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
coffinator6 said:
I can't tell but did you modify the center console where your fog light, traction, and defrost switches are.

can you draw up a schematic for me so i know where to hook my wires to. I am planning on getting one just like yours.

I was looking at the alpine but its a 6.5 inch screen and your is a 7.

edit/ just did a quick search and found this as the second result. I believe this is you??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm55WBzWFKo
That would be me...

I did not ahve to modify anything...

Just take the braket off the Mach 460 headunit and then attached it to the Pioneer...

The wires are literally matching colors...

But you need the adapter from Metra...

And then plug the RCA Jacks into the pre-amp...Not the subwoofers...

When you are doing the install I will walk you through it...Just pm me when you are ready...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
coffinator6 said:
can you get some closer pics of the first one you posted. I would like to see how it fits in the hole.
When I get home I will...

There is alot of room there...

You should have no issues with it...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks bro...

It took a decent ammount of work and time but it is finally where I want it to be...

Now I just gotta keep it from getting stolen...Thats prolly my biggest fear...

·
Banned
169 Posts

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
mixedbreed02gt said:
i did a really nice tech article for Integrating an aftermarket headunit into the 00-04 Mustang w/the Mach 460 Sounds System.

It's completely step by step, from start to finish, and even tells you what wires to connect where.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/step-by-step-sound-system-installation-00-04-mustang-gt-vt41775.html
Nice write up...You could have just posted it in this thread that way it would already be stickied...

Glad I could help ya out...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used this adapter to make my aftermarket headunit work with the Mach 460...

Click Here

It also works for the 2002 as well...

The 03/04 Need another adapter...

Here is the Adapter For The 03/04...

Click Here

All you need to do is wiore it up to your headunit and plug the RCA cables into your headunitrs RCA jacks and you are good to go...
Chris, so the adapter you linked to here is for the 03/04? You just take out your old head unit, plug the adaptor into the factory harness..the only thing I dont understand is, what are the RCA's for? Do they run the fronts highs, front lows, rears? or are they an input for all of the MACH 460 amps? Only reason I am trying to clarify is because I just bought a in dash DVD for my 03 w/mach 460, I am in the desert and I would like to be able to buy all the needed equipment and have it there waiting for me when I get back.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Chris, so the adapter you linked to here is for the 03/04? You just take out your old head unit, plug the adaptor into the factory harness..the only thing I dont understand is, what are the RCA's for? Do they run the fronts highs, front lows, rears? or are they an input for all of the MACH 460 amps? Only reason I am trying to clarify is because I just bought a in dash DVD for my 03 w/mach 460, I am in the desert and I would like to be able to buy all the needed equipment and have it there waiting for me when I get back.
Yes all you need is the adapter...The RCA's are to feed the amps...

I linked one for the 03/04 as well...They are different from the one I used...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
82 Posts
Who /what is that Cluster from so I know what to keep my Eye out for? :)

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
its an autometer lunar gauge cluster.
Exactly...

They are hard to find...They have been discontinued for a couple years...Expect to pay upwards of $400...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Autometer discontinued them...

Simco is just like them though...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
yea i noticed theyre not on autometers site so i looked around... guess jegs has some leftovers

the only thing i didnt like about simco. is that it says simco on them and ive never heard of em

·
Registered
927 Posts
metra 70-5519 Ford 2000-2001 Amplifier Integrator Plug
:)

·
Registered
927 Posts
21 - 40 of 77 Posts