Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
mine squeaked from factory...all ford did was lube the linkage under the dash.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Usually the noise is coming from the inside of the clutch master cylinder. It's the piston making a noise as it's moving through the bore. I haven't looked at mine, but try pushing the pedal in and see if you can look in the bore of the cylinder or maybe the rear end of the piston may be able to be seen. I'd spray some lube in there (between the piston and bore) and pump the pedal a few times to see if it quiets down.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Usually the noise is coming from the inside of the clutch master cylinder. It's the piston making a noise as it's moving through the bore. I haven't looked at mine, but try pushing the pedal in and see if you can look in the bore of the cylinder or maybe the rear end of the piston may be able to be seen. I'd spray some lube in there (between the piston and bore) and pump the pedal a few times to see if it quiets down.
Are you kidding me? DO NOT USE ANYTHING PETROLEM BASED AROUND BRAKE FLUID. If you want your seals to swell in the bore then by all means, lube away! I'd say it would have to be a sqeaky pivot. If any petroleum based fluid mixes with brake fluid in the system, all your seals will swell. Causing your system to possibly stay engaged. You'll be replacing everything.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Are you kidding me? DO NOT USE ANYTHING PETROLEM BASED AROUND BRAKE FLUID. If you want your seals to swell in the bore then by all means, lube away! I'd say it would have to be a sqeaky pivot. If any petroleum based fluid mixes with brake fluid in the system, all your seals will swell. Causing your system to possibly stay engaged. You'll be replacing everything.
That's what the Ford dealers have been doing. If you lube the bore and any gets inside of the system, then it's leaking anyway. They are using poly seals.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hydraulic clutches use brake fluid as well. Their lube must not be petrol based. What's with the "hahaha" Nasty?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
:DNasty is just a happy guy.... we all know that.:D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I use a spray synthetic grease with a tiny straw attached. I have a 2000 F350 and have sprayed the back end of the master many a time to quiet it down. 318,000 miles and it's been sprayed with several different lube types over the years. Maybe I've been lucky.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts