Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it wasn't a terribly eventful deployment. We did have an aircraft go down while I was in Morocco and sadly we loss two Marines in the crash.

For those of you unfamiliar with what a MEU(Marine Expeditionary Unit) is, it's basicly a 911 force for any hot spots in and around the Med/Persian Gulf area. It's a battalion of Marines on LHD's/LPD's/ETC with all support assets including Special Operations attachments. Deployments are about 7-8 months but we were extending for an extra month due to incidents in Libya (Embassy) and Syria.

My MOS is 0313 (LAV Crewman). My current billet is a Gunner, I use a joystick to control a 25MM Bushmaster Chaingun with ITSS (Improved Thermal Sighting System) and I can fire out to about 3000m with HE and AP rounds.

So without further delay, here you go.

Morocco:

Our next stop was a month long stint in the Jordanian desert.

Jordan:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Our final stop, beautiful, scenic Kuwait.

Kuwait:

Some more random ones from each place we went.

Finally, some video:

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm a sailor who served on an LPD, these pictures sure do bring back memories.

Not good ones either, lol

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Wow that's some badass stuff there dude thank you for risking your life for my freedom and you don't even know me.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a sailor who served on an LPD, these pictures sure do bring back memories.

Not good ones either, lol
I don't know how you guys do it knowing you gotta deploy on one of those every deployment, have at it man, I'm done with MEU's!

Thanks for the words guys, just wanted to give you an insight on what we do as a MEU.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Cool pictures. Man, hovercraft that large have got to be one of the craziest (and obviously bad ass) vehicles of all time.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I don't know how you guys do it knowing you gotta deploy on one of those every deployment, have at it man, I'm done with MEU's!

Thanks for the words guys, just wanted to give you an insight on what we do as a MEU.
I always thought it was funny when the marines would say stuff like "This ship ****ing sucks, I'd rather be in afghanistan getting shot at"

You guys fight punjabis, we fight boredom. And each other.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
The "Italian's GMG" looks like something I'd like to take hunting :shiftyeyes

Thanks for posting the pics and serving!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The "Italian's GMG" looks like something I'd like to take hunting :shiftyeyes

Thanks for posting the pics and serving!
Yes, a fully automatic 40mm tracer grenade launcher. It's like sex every time you watch a round go down range and blow **** up.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Nice pics. I'll be going on a MEU sometime next year.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Now those are some nice toys ;) Some great shots! Thanks for sharing and for your service

1 - 15 of 15 Posts