Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the car out last night, drove 25 miles, drove the car 20 this morning, and about 11 this afternoon.

didn't push the car over 3k rpm, it didn't run like it used to but it still ran and i was able to maintain speeds without it dropping

get home, check the codes, p1000 is still there, and p0420 is back

how can i clear p1000?

i need to get rid of these codes so i can pass emissions and then throw my lts and o/r h on

left tail pipe is still loud, right tail pipe is still muffled.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
i believe if code 0420 is fixed, then p1000 will go away, i had that issue as well, my 0420 was EGR solenoid....maybe it was the pressure sensor, it was one of the two but then again i have replaced everything including the pipe on the whole EGR system in the past year.

Reactions: SON1C

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've been reading more about the p1000 code, one site said that if a code comes up that the p1000 will not go away until the code is resolved? right now my p0420 is back, so bad cat. so no matter how much driving i do will the p1000 stay there?

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just came up with a new possible plan, i've got the mil eliminators, i could plug them in on my stock midpipe, which should eliminate the bad cat code right? which would remove the p1000

cats on, codes removed, i should pass emissions easy? unless they sniffer my right tip and i fail?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah, that should work. Most likely once you get the P420 to clear the P1000 will automatically clear after the readiness cycle completes.

Reactions: SON1C

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the response, reps, and thats good,

tried installing the mil today on ramps, too tight, couldnt get the o2 sensor disconnected, gonna drop the midpipe this sunday and do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts