Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well over the next couple of days I'm going to be purchasing some LT headers. As of right now, I'm leaning towards Bassani headers. But I have a few questions.
I have a Bassani x-pipe, but I didnt install it, so I dont know what size it is. It only says, Bassani x-pipe BX 46993 on the invoice. Do I have to have a shorty for the LT's to work?
Also, does anyone have Bassani headers on their car? If so, how does it sound? I cant find any 01 Cobra's on youtube with the Bassani setup

And sorry if this is a stupid question, but here it goes...What does it mean to have full Bassani exhaust? Would having the Bassani catback, bassani x-pipe, and bassani headers make it a full setup? Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, just wondering.

Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok what kind of midpipe would I need? I want my car to sound really mean, not really loud, just a solid rumble to it. Would Bassani's be the way to go? I've heard to many negative things about Mac headers, and the Kooks are out of my price range.
If I go bassani, should I get LT's or mid length?

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
I don't believe Bassani made LT headers for 99-04. I'll look around, but I'm fairly sure they only made mids.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
Where have you found the Bassini LT's that'll fit your car? I've found them for the Mach, and the price difference between that and Kooks is around $80. I want to do a price comparison for your car.

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
Is there a big difference, in sound, and HP gains between the Bassani and kooks headers.

Also, about how much will it be to install which ever headers I go with?
I don't think there will be much of a difference. Sound and Quality should be fairly close. I doubt you'd notice any difference in sound or performance between the two.

As for installation, that depends on where you live and what shop you take it to. One shop I went to in Alabama wouldn't even touch it. They said they refused to install headers on 99-04 Mustangs because it was too much of a pain. Some shops charge at minimum $600 to do the install. Those two reasons alone caused me to do it myself. I'd no previous experience in it, and I didn't mess it up, so it's not an impossible job.

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
Yeah, they're about $200 cheaper than the Kooks. Damnit.

Well, like I said, you shouldn't notice any difference in sound or performance between Kooks and Bassini LTs. They're a quality product from everything I've read. You will need to get a different midpipe though.

What are you looking for? O/R? Catted? X, H?

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
So my car has an aftermarket bassani x-pipe, is there anyway to tell if I will need a new one for the headers?
You have two options... have the current midpipe cut, fitted and welded. Or get a new midpipe. I don't know exactly how that works. IMO, if I were you I'd sell the midpipe to recover costs on another midpipe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, they're about $200 cheaper than the Kooks. Damnit.

Well, like I said, you shouldn't notice any difference in sound or performance between Kooks and Bassini LTs. They're a quality product from everything I've read. You will need to get a different midpipe though.

What are you looking for? O/R? Catted? X, H?

Which would give my car the best throaty sound. Like a deep rumble, nothing really loud...

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
Which would give my car the best throaty sound. Like a deep rumble, nothing really loud...
That depends... you're going to have a nice throaty rumble either way you go. The level of rasp depends on X or H. The H will produce a much cleaner sound with less rasp. Having Cats on it will keep the noise level down some, but regardless of that, it's still going to be loud.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That depends... you're going to have a nice throaty rumble either way you go. The level of rasp depends on X or H. The H will produce a much cleaner sound with less rasp. Having Cats on it will keep the noise level down some, but regardless of that, it's still going to be loud.
Well proabably another x then. I really like the way it sounds on my car now.
Oh and this is the place I'm going to try and get them installed.
HP Performance - Home

·
Registered
414 Posts
Does your mid pipe come apart, if so you may be able to make it work with the long tubes..

A buddy and I installed a set of longtubes on his 01 vert in a day. we removed the k-member and the install was not that bad. The motor has to be held up with something.. If you have a garage it is not that bad. We did his in his driveway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts