Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Base model 5 speed. It's slow as **** and yes I understand it's not a v8 I have seen v6's make good numbers in the Chevy world I.e 3800 and Superchargers So what i am wondering is what's my first step toward making this pony GO I did research on The Eaton swap's but due to it's a 99 with split port it's a waste of time for the numbers it produces. Other then that boost is out of the question.

·
Registered
195 Posts
raceing stripes add 500 hp lol no really look into some headers cams and exhoust systems to start out

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
its not a total waste. some people see it as going backwards 40hp to get this amount, but they arent looking at the tq numbers. a single port sixxer can see an average of 210hp and 310 tq. the hp numbers is only 20 more than your stock sixxer, but the tq numbers are around 100 more... its a pain in the ass to do the swap unless you have a donor car though. i have a nearly complete kit for the single ports (see link in sig)

now if forced induction is not an option, you still have bolt ons. a full bolt on sixxer will take you to the new edge gt levels. have you considered nitrous?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes But I am unfamiliar with how to tune these cars and nitrous can be catastrophic
Right now the only thing done to my knowledge is dual exhaust with cats i think flowmaster ....40's? sounds great under mild acceleration but under WOT it sounds like a damn civic. and for the stripes I am WAYYYY against RaceInspiredCosmeticEnhancement
do they make a direct fit Bolt on single turbo kit for these? what are the stock internals good for boost wise? along with injectors fuel pump?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
You are already winnign with it being a 5 spd. Any plans at all right now that you have for it?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
yes But I am unfamiliar with how to tune these cars and nitrous can be catastrophic
Right now the only thing done to my knowledge is dual exhaust with cats i think flowmaster ....40's? sounds great under mild acceleration but under WOT it sounds like a damn civic. and for the stripes I am WAYYYY against RaceInspiredCosmeticEnhancement
do they make a direct fit Bolt on single turbo kit for these? what are the stock internals good for boost wise? along with injectors fuel pump?
Nitrous

Colder plugs. tr6ix
1 degree retardation for every 50 shot.

I was also against the eaton m90 but I also found a motor for dirt cheap so I'm going to see how hard the m90 can be pushed by us... I will probably throw it in another car though

Our internals are generally good to 350rwhp... It also depends on 100s of factors though

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
answered in order

1. if you sound like a civic even in WOT then i doubt their flows...flows fix that usually unlike most muffler brands

2. your cars gonna look boreing isn't it

3. no, and you'll want to do more research on here

4. alot more hp then most really need

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
stock internals are good up 11ish psi. i wouldnt go over that without forged internals. TMA is the only turbo kit for the sixxers. procharger and vortech kits are rampant for centri types of superchargers, and there is a kit you can get for swapping over a Cobra Eaton M112.

with the tuning, you dont need to do it. there are tons of places that will do email tunes. Tick Tuners if one of them... and Joe is very reputable. he deals with SCT, which IMO is the best in the tuner market.

Under WOT most exhaust on the v6 will sound like crap because its an even firing engine. you can cam it or get a prochamber to make it not have the raspy tone to it in the higher rpms. flowmaster 40's and Thrush Welded are some of the best souding mufflers you can get for the sixxer

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
I was also against the eaton m90 but I also found a motor for dirt cheap so I'm going to see how hard the m90 can be pushed by us... I will probably throw it in another car though

Our internals are generally good to 350rwhp... It also depends on 100s of factors though
the M90 can push more than people think. with coated rotors, they can bring sixxers into the 10's... a lot of other work is needed for that of course. there are a few thunderbirds on SCCOA that have 10's with the Eaton M90. the MPX M90 is a much better option than the standard M90. also, the M90 that came stock on the 94/95 supercoupes push more power than the 93/prior because of the design of the case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are already winnign with it being a 5 spd. Any plans at all right now that you have for it?

Yes, I have to repair it. My wife took out a post destroying the drivers side fender,hood,and bumper cover so I plan on doing the cobra swap
I am also in the middle of a Audio upgrade Including head-unit,interiors,amps subs and alternator
And to the other dude Mustangs look hot as hell off the lot why do i gotta put stickers and **** on it to make it "cooler" when i like it the way it is?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Wet.. It would spray more fuel into your intake, thus not needing to up your fuel system.. I will say the same as anybody else... Go boost.. But if the wallet won't allow it, nitrous isn't a bad choice.. If done right! You will need to refill the bottle every visit to the track so keep that in mind. Starter kits can be very cheap but they usually don't include the purge, bottle warmer and a pressure gauge

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
If you get better valve springs then any cam from Ssms or comp will work just fine..

Our stock valve springs are as strong as a slinky

1 - 20 of 42 Posts