Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was looking for a good Mustang forum to read up and get some advice from other Mustang owners. I just bought my first V6 Mustang a few weeks ago. Finally found a stock Mustang in good condition. Had lots of miles so I'm planning on doing something about that soon. I have all the appearance mods planned out. But my question is, should I rebuild and swap to a V8, or just rebuild the V6 and mod it? I don't do a lot of racing, but I want a pretty fast car. Any advice anyone?

·
OldandFurious
692 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm somewhat of a newbie myself.
:2cents You should of bought a V8. Maybe keep the V6er simple for now, throw a few mods on it, save your money instead of dumping all your money on crazy mod's, then sell it a few years from now and get a GT down the road.
Throw up some pics.
Anyway try to enjoy the Mustang you have.

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm somewhat of a newbie myself.
:2cents You should of bought a V8. Maybe keep the V6er simple for now, throw a few mods on it, save your money instead of dumping all your money on crazy mod's, then sell it a few years from now and get a GT down the road.
Throw up some pics.
Anyway try to enjoy the Mustang you have.
+1
Could've had a V8. There's no point in modding a V6. If you do you would need to go forced induction. Even then you would probably be matching the same numbers as a 4v. If you're gonna plan to pull the engine might as well get everything together for a swap.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
+1
Could've had a V8. There's no point in modding a V6. If you do you would need to go forced induction. Even then you would probably be matching the same numbers as a 4v. If you're gonna plan to pull the engine might as well get everything together for a swap.

+2. Welcome to the site

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Go straight to the v8. Otherwise you'll end up spending thousands modding the six, only to get to the end of the road (or close) and want more power. If you're into it, go ahead and throw in a v8 for a swap. Just my $0.02 ... Welcome to MM and some pics of the car would be great! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I AM planning on doing a v8 swap. I grabbed the sixer because its the only stock mustang with a straight body I could find out here. Saw some at the dealerships for 7-9k for a GT. I found this for $1800 so I thought I'd just build up an engine in the garage and throw it instead of paying 7k more for a GT. On another note, I need some new seats, and if I'm gonna pay all the money for a set of racing seats, I'd rather go with some Cobra seats. What's a good price to look for for those?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and I'll be posting up some pics as soon as possible. It's ALL stock so nothing special at all haha.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
:welcome to MM!

if you plan on getting a GT eventually I would keep the v6 pretty much stock

or just buy mods that would transfer to a GT such as some nice wheels

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I AM planning on doing a v8 swap. I grabbed the sixer because its the only stock mustang with a straight body I could find out here. Saw some at the dealerships for 7-9k for a GT. I found this for $1800 so I thought I'd just build up an engine in the garage and throw it instead of paying 7k more for a GT. On another note, I need some new seats, and if I'm gonna pay all the money for a set of racing seats, I'd rather go with some Cobra seats. What's a good price to look for for those?
You aren't that far into it with $1800. It will probably cost more time and money to do a swap than just buying a V8. Do you have a free V8 engine? Are you mechanically inclined to swap an engine? If you are mechanically gifted why didn't you know better than buying a six? You are going to spend more in mods than your car is worth....VERY QUICKLY.:baller: Drive it while saving for a GT. sorry if I sounded like a jerk. welcome to MM.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jetblack2012, I get what you're sayin man, but I looked into a GT. The lowest I saw here was 6k, with a crappy body. The inside panels were all screw in with a drill and yea. A GT in good condition here I've seen for 9k. Thought I might as well just save that extra 7k and do a nice swap. Plus I guess you can say I'm mechanically inclined, I'm going to school to be a tech so yea... Never done a swap but was gonna work with some friends who have and thought it'd be a great learning experience to do it on my own car. Plus I want to build the motor myself so yea. If I ever find a great deal on a GT I'll jump it, but so far,I don't think it's worth it if I can sway it on my own.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I said, I'm new to swapping engines and what not, I know everything that you need to do the swap already, but I've never really looked at the prices. Would they exceed over 5k? If I did all work myself with friends?

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Like I said, I'm new to swapping engines and what not, I know everything that you need to do the swap already, but I've never really looked at the prices. Would they exceed over 5k? If I did all work myself with friends?
I'm no expert, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And I don't have very many goals, I want a nice looking car. With a taste of performance. Honestly, my first goal, is to shut up this kid with a fckn rice rocket of a Toyota MR2. Lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts