Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. In a strange sort of way, I am actually proud. :D My across the street neighbor came over to ask me to not rev the engine when I return home from work. I get home around 10pm, unbeknownst to me, he and his wife call it a day a 9pm. I'll do my best to keep it down. I hope he realizes that I will have to get up what I consider a steep driveway. In case you are wondering, I have the following on the car:

FRPP Hot Rod Cams
JBA Shorty Headers
MRT High Flow Catted H
Roush Extreme Cat-Back Exhaust

I honestly didn't think I was overdoing it. I could of course be MUCH louder than I am at the moment.

Jon

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'd be careful with complaining neighbors. It might not be against the law to mod your car. but if you have a city ordnace on noise you might be on the laws wrong side and have to either "fix" your car, or pay fines.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be careful with complaining neighbors. It might not be against the law to mod your car. but if you have a city ordnace on noise you might be on the laws wrong side and have to either "fix" your car, or pay fines.
Like I said, I'll do my best to keep it down. As long as I can get up the driveway it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
lol I got a noise complaint the first week I had my car from the mayor! My car was bone stock and I actually wasnt doing anything just going 15 down the road like everyone else. I think he was jealous. You should roast your tires going up your drive way one night.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I agree that you'll try to be quite. I'd just hate it if you have douche bag neighbors who call the cops on you and the law in your town is not on your side. It's just another reason why I love city legislators.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Hello everyone. In a strange sort of way, I am actually proud. :D My across the street neighbor came over to ask me to not rev the engine when I return home from work. I get home around 10pm, unbeknownst to me, he and his wife call it a day a 9pm. I'll do my best to keep it down. I hope he realizes that I will have to get up what I consider a steep driveway. In case you are wondering, I have the following on the car:

FRPP Hot Rod Cams
JBA Shorty Headers
MRT High Flow Catted H
Roush Extreme Cat-Back Exhaust

I honestly didn't think I was overdoing it. I could of course be MUCH louder than I am at the moment.

Jon
Sounds like you can wake up the dead with your set up...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tell your boss you need to leave work an hour early to make it home before your neighbor goes to bed. Then charge your neighbor $50 a day for the silence.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i had the old man across the street from me call the cops once. this guy is an ass to everyone though. doesn't even let his grandkids come over because he doesn't like kids.

the cop came and said they got a complaint i was speeding down the street. he kinda laughed because i was the 2nd house from the main street. there was all of like 20 yards from my driveway to the stop sign. he just said nice car and went on with his day

·
Registered
17 Posts
Neighborhood harmony is a good thing.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
give the guy some credit, he could have just called the cops like most people would have done. he was a man about it and came to you first. we dont need stang haters out there

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
normally i wouldn't be an ass to people, but in my case the old guy was an ass to everyone.

in your case i would absolutely try to keep it quiet as possible. unless he's a prick all the time

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I think the people that call the cops on me, didn't like me to begin with!!!
If it wasn't the noise it would be something else. They can kiss my tail pipe :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
You know your neighbor is a good dude because he had the stones to come over and talk to you in person about it, instead of hiding in the house and calling the police with the blinds drawn, which is what most people do.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
You know your neighbor is a good dude because he had the stones to come over and talk to you in person about it, instead of hiding in the house and calling the police with the blinds drawn, which is what most people do.
Word.:yes

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
What this guy said. I've always considered it common courtesy to keep the noise down after 9PM.

·
Registered
437 Posts
ha, I have had a few noise complaints, and all I have is my KR mufflers. The campo officers at my school hate my car and threaten to have the cops come on to campus because of me. I just laugh because what could they do? I am not speeding or breaking any laws.

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
I've gotten a few, and I always get the "you're speeding down my road," comment where in reality im going 20 in a 30 but it just sounds loud and like I am.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts