Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm waiting for my new products to come in (fixer and v38) and I had this weekend off AND it was like 50 degree outside, which is super warm for this time of year so I decided to help my wife understand why I keep spending money on this hobby ;).

So I started off, gathered what I needed and went to town.

Here are the things I used between last night and today:

(The green bottle is my IPA mix)

Got her car in the pole barn:

It was extremely dirty obviously and I don't have a hose out there so I got to use one of my winter purchases which was the CG's Eco Wash.

I wasn't extremely excited after I started using eco wash, it's way more sudsy/soapy than I thought it would be for a rinseless wash. I had some in a spray bottle and just used that most of the timer rather than any sort of mitt in a bucket. If I had a mitt that was microfiber instead of sheepskin it probably would have turned out better.

Either way I washed it and clay'd it with Mothers clay (thanks Son1c). Only dropped half a bar on the ground before my wife and I were joking around and she hit my hand which led to me dropping the other half on the ground as well. . .

1 bar down, 2 to go. . .

(Sorry for the blue tint I was wearing blue nitrile gloves and my finger was too close to the flash)

After that came the inspection:

Reflection shot before any work besides wash/clay was done:

After this I had, had a drink and set out to attack with Megs UC on a cyan hydrotech pad.

Some 50/50's of that:

Megs UC actually finishes really well on a cyan pad, I was extrememly impressed with the results just after 1 application with pretty light pressure

The wife was out there with me for a while then she went inside and left it just like this on the hood, I couldn't of been more proud:

Taped some crap off when I got there during the Megs UC:

After Megs UC we went to dinner and I came back to finish this thing off since she has to drive it to work tomorrow.

Some shots after Megs UC was finished:

Used d151 on a tangerine hydrotech pad and that finishes insanely well. My baby was in the perfect spot for the shot I needed.

After the d151 I threw on a coat of BFWDPS with my crimson hd pad and after removing that and cleaning the pad (I still haven't figured out how to efficiently get that stuff outta the pad) I applied Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax and let it sit for a while. I don't know if it needed to sit or not but The Walking Dead mid-season finale was on and we had to watch it.

Afterwards had a mini-shoot in the pole barn to see what I had accomplished, please excuse the dirty wheels/wheel wells:

Figured the Mach needed some recognition:

Thanks for reading/looking guys/gals. I will be doing my Mach soon after I get my new products and I will be taking all the time I need since she's parked for the winter.

Product Reviews-ish:
Megs UC: For how cheap this was (10 dollars for the bottle) this stuff is awesome, light dusting but finishes really, really well, not hard to use or remove and it got rid of almost all of the swirls in her paint.

d151: Finishes insanely well but I don't know how great it is at removing defects, I didn't notice it removing anything else but very user friendly, finished great, seemed to give the paint some depth. Little bit went a very long ways as well

bfwdps: Everyone already knows this crap is liquid gold so I'll leave it at that.

Liquid Souveran: It seemed to have turned out better on this paint than it did on the Mach. Goes on easy, comes off just as easy (even after an hour). Didn't have to use a ton of it and it looks great on her car. We will see how long it holds up.

CG's Hose Free ECOWash: Meh, it didn't leave streaks but it was so sudsy/soapy for a rinseless wash. I probably wouldn't buy it again, next time i'll be buying UWW+ concentrate. Smells amazing.

CG Speed Wipe: I absolutely love this stuff. I have used it as a quick detailer, a drying aid, and clay lube and it always comes out nice. It smells amazing too.

Chivas Regal 12 year: Pretty good, I got it relatively cheap or I wouldn't of bought it lol. Pretty darn smokey aftertaste but the flavor is very good.

Things I wish I would have had:
More microfibers the 5 or 6 I had just weren't enough. Could have used 1 or 2 more.

More pads. I have 2 cyan pads which was very nice because one could soak/dry while I used the other. I wish I would have had at least 1 more crimson. The pads performed extremely well the entire time.

Choices of wax ;). I will be getting wax soon but for now the best I had was Souveran.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Great work!
Uc is a good compound
Did you ipa after compounding? What about after d151?
I honestly would of left it after uc, looks like that finished very well on that paint
I like speed wipe, just blows my mind how chemical guys can call it a spray wax but it has zero protection in it..lol
I'm interested in using my liquid Souveran.. At the same over priced point as bfwdps it better perform lol
Should have done the Mach instead!

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I have always seen liquid Souveran as a maintainer to speak...Son1c use it to make SSII last longer is what I was told...

Nice work

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
I'm talking about the liquid Nuba Souveran, I've use liquid Souveran spray wax and I didn't like it, also didn't feel it added much, v7 performs much better imo
What's your spray wax/qd of choice? P40 still?

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I'm talking about the liquid Nuba Souveran, I've use liquid Souveran spray wax and I didn't like it, also didn't feel it added much, v7 performs much better imo
What's your spray wax/qd of choice? P40 still?
Well I have heard both are great for extending PSSII

Yep I still have half a gallon of P40...

Might try V7 as a QD since I have some left at the house...

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great work!
Uc is a good compound
Did you ipa after compounding? What about after d151?
I honestly would of left it after uc, looks like that finished very well on that paint
I like speed wipe, just blows my mind how chemical guys can call it a spray wax but it has zero protection in it..lol
I'm interested in using my liquid Souveran.. At the same over priced point as bfwdps it better perform lol
Should have done the Mach instead!
I did ipa after Megs UC and after d151

I almost did leave it after UC but I figured I might as well use the d151 and see how it turned out.

I use it mainly for clay lube and it smells great and has plenty of lubricity for the clay.

I would buy bfwdps 100x over Liquid Souveran. It looks good but I don't think it's anything outstanding.

I will be doing the Mach soon. My fixer and v38 and some more microfibers get here tomorrow.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks great Shook! Roughly how much time did you invest in the correction? I just got my work lights (1000w) so I'll be ready for my paint correction once finals are done!

btw, is that a goldendoodle? If it is, one of my good buddies and his wife have one and it's the best dog in the world!

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the time the car was parked out there, brought products out there and started until the time that I was all done and cleaned the glass and dash I would say 11~ hours.

My car will be taking much longer ;)

Yeah she is. She's amazing. She is my 2nd one because we had an awful incident with the first one and they were both so amazing. I love her, she's my baby. Her name is Mira. It means peace/restfulness. Named her after the Anna (which was the first goldendoodle we had) b/c it wrecked me when I lost her.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nice job man!

·
Registered
323 Posts
From the time the car was parked out there, brought products out there and started until the time that I was all done and cleaned the glass and dash I would say 11~ hours.

My car will be taking much longer ;)

Yeah she is. She's amazing. She is my 2nd one because we had an awful incident with the first one and they were both so amazing. I love her, she's my baby. Her name is Mira. It means peace/restfulness. Named her after the Anna (which was the first goldendoodle we had) b/c it wrecked me when I lost her.
11 hours isn't bad at all. I'm sure the Mach will get the red carpet treatment when it's time! lol

I'm feeling a bit ambitious after finals and will be correcting my 02 mustang, my mom's SUV and possibly my brothers car. his will be the hardest b/c it's black :facepalm:

Yeah goldendoodles are awesome! perfect combination of a dog in qualities. smart as a whip tho so watch out. sorry about your first one, they become part of the family :sorry My buddies wife named their Lilly, and she gets treated like a princess :bubba:

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
11 hours isn't bad at all. I'm sure the Mach will get the red carpet treatment when it's time! lol

I'm feeling a bit ambitious after finals and will be correcting my 02 mustang, my mom's SUV and possibly my brothers car. his will be the hardest b/c it's black :facepalm:

Yeah goldendoodles are awesome! perfect combination of a dog in qualities. smart as a whip tho so watch out. sorry about your first one, they become part of the family :sorry My buddies wife named their Lilly, and she gets treated like a princess :bubba:
Yes it will lol
I need to do my truck when I get some 105/205 but ffffffff I don't wanna. It will be easier than the Element now that I think of it because that element had plastic/and rubber edged glass everywhere.

Yeah I call her princess lol. Her and our cocker spaniel are extremely spoiled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts