Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the process of buying a second vehicle for the first time. It was an amazing deal and I just had to take advantage it. The seller was not especially mechanically inclined and was not positive of the solution. I however knew what a gem it was and the general fix.

My question is, does your mustang get extra attention when it is not your year round DD?

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
well, sort of. I make sure the interior is spotless and drive it on "special" occasions, AKA whenever I feel like it. I don't drive it to work almost ever, but many weekends its the only thing I drive.

Have you ever had two cars? Keeping them both clean and nice and completely fixed takes time, I had 3 cars at one point... bad idea. That is, if one or more is old and has little silly things that keep popping up, like my truck.

·
Registered
691 Posts
im about 2 weeks away from getting a dd. its an old suby so im not at all worried about keeping that washed or anything, i feel like ill be spending more time on my stang, itll be under a cover in a heated garage over at my parents house to ensure me not taking it out every chance i get, but ill be keeping the inside/outside immaculate from now on

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never had 2 vehicles before no. It will be an experience but I am super excited about it and the fact that the stang cant survive another winter on the road. I thought it was rwd but in winter its torque wheel drive lol. The new vehicle is a 1994 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8. It's lifted 3in, brush guard and full roof rack. It only has 120k on it but it needs a transmission (which I can do myself).

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Jeep + Mustang = good combo :)

torque wheel drive ha ha ha!

If you don't drive the Mustang much, you may find you have to make time to work on it, clean it, detail it. Will it be parked inside? That will make it a ton easier since you can leave it half taken apart and still be able to get around.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
Just wait til you buy your first third or fourth vehicle. :D Right now I have two DD's, a drag/fun street car, and a few project vehicles. You could say I'm busy.

My question is, does your mustang get extra attention when it is not your year round DD?
Nope, cause it's one of my two DD's. It gets washed/waxed/maintained regularly, and it gets a spot in the garage with the other cars, but no real special treatment.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I drive it all the time because it is all I have but after I get the Jeep it will become a 60/40 ratio most likely.

For $650 and the only problem is the transmission I could not pass it up. I just swapped one out of a Silverado a few days ago. HUGE pain in the ass.

·
Registered
408 Posts
congratulations! Not very different from the combo im looking for. The next car I buy, after I get married, will be this

I'll still drive my stang daily, and this nice little suv should be nice and easy to drive for my wife, and act as a truck when i need to haul that god damn dart block ive been dreaming about for ages

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have 2 cars and a bike. Get ready to be spending a lot of time cleaning and fixing/maintaining.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 2 cars and a bike. Get ready to be spending a lot of time cleaning and fixing/maintaining.
I just replaced the transmission of a Silverado in my back yard that other night. It took all night but was well worth it. Good times.

But a 94 Jeep GC Limited 4x4 V8 with 120k, a 3in lift and brush guard that needs a new transmission or transmission work for $650 is not a bad deal in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts