Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im cruising along i75 and i pass merchants rd heading north with the cruis set on 65mph. i see a cop getting on the on ramp and instead of panicing and hitting the brakes like most morons i just ease off the cruise controll and downshift to 4th and go to get over, well at that point hes on my azz with blue light special.. and im pissed. i pull over underneath calahan road and grab the license registration and insurance and lay it in the seat. he comes to the pass. side and says license plz and i said whats the issue. and he said he got me 74 in a 55 and i said how do you figure you did that? and he said if you have any questions you can take them to court in front of a judge. ill be back. five mins later he comes back with a ticket asking me to sign. i declined and said first I want to know how you paced me at 74 when my cruise was on 65. and he was like sir do you know i just got you on tape admiting to speeding 65 in a 55 and I said i dont care, i admit i was over the limit bit no where near what you ' say ' i was at. and he said signing this ticket doesnt mean you admit to it it just means blah blah and it can be challeneged in court yata yata yata.. so i signed it. the fines $107 . he said it wont go on my record.. how the hell does he figure that? he was mumbling something about if its 74 and under it dont go on ur record or some BS. and i guess ill just pay it and make my insurance go up bc im not going to try to fight this in court then ill just be paying court costs and i KNOW ill lose.. its a cops word against mine. and they want my money. so..

after all is said and done. he pulls out from under callahan road.. flips his lights on .. and i chased him up to emory road and he pulled two cars over. that guy is a crock of **** and he knows it. i only wish a citizens word was good for something other than wasting good air. im sure he will tell those people he paced them..

pacing isnt the speed it takes to catch up.. its the speed when your cruising behind someone. that cop never came up on that car OR mine and rode behind. he had his lights on before he got behind either of us.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
that sucks. i guess im lucky to have my fop card.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Me too, I've never had a speeding ticket just a couple reckless driving tickets though. I got caught doing laps on the school track. I also, although never caught got in trouble for driving on the sidewalk, Someone ratted on me. I gave the school a lawn job after grad ceremony. I also marked my parking spot by doing a brake torque, for so long that I made divots in the asphalt. I lost my parking privileges over that one, again someone ratted me out.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he claims it wont go on my record but how is that possible?

every other time its went on mine and i had to do driving school.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the city website says

INTERSTATE SPEEDING

If you received a speeding ticket to this Court and can answer YES to each of the following questions below, then that speeding violation will not go on your driving record!

Was your ticket issued on the Interstate?
Did the Officer list the posted speed limit on your ticket as 55 MPH or more?
Did the Officer charge you with driving at a "speed" of less than 75 MPH? (If you were driving a commercial vehicle, the maximum speed for you to 'qualify' is 64, not 74.) If you answered, "yes" to each of the above questions

This Court does not report such Citations for 'points' to the State in accordance with Tennessee State Law.
Therefore the speeding charge will not put 'points' on your driving record (MVR).
Therefore the speeding charge should not affect your insurance.
Therefore the speeding charge should not affect your employment

guess he was telling the truth

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what a crock. well they are gona get $107.75 but ill never stop speeding. i did 75 behind the cop and when he pulled that other car over i continued at 75-80 mph the rest of the way home. **** off i pay taxes!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Me too, I've never had a speeding ticket just a couple reckless driving tickets though. I got caught doing laps on the school track. I also, although never caught got in trouble for driving on the sidewalk, Someone ratted on me. I gave the school a lawn job after grad ceremony. I also marked my parking spot by doing a brake torque, for so long that I made divots in the asphalt. I lost my parking privileges over that one, again someone ratted me out.
:lmao, thats good **** bro.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Take it to court.

You never "admitted" to doing 65 in a 55, you said your cruise control was set at 65. It's entirely plausible that you have to set your CC to 65 to maintain 55. Also, if you were going "with traffic" then doing 65 isnt' being a hazard.

If any information on the ticket is wrong, they HAVE to throw the ticket out. Including the speed he "paced" you at.

You can show that the cop is incompetent, by asking him what "pacing" means, when he answers wrong, you can have the ticket thrown out due to his inability to accurately guage your speed.

If you don't take it to court, this dickhead will continue doing what he does.

You have to stand up and get these assholes off the road.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
There is also the possibility he won't show too. And if he doesn't show you win by default. You may not get the ticket thrown out but it might be lowered.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
he wrote on the ticket that i admited to doing 65 in a 55

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill pay the ticket.. but im not going to stop speeding. or slow down :)

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Id still take it to court, I took mine to court cause some dumb F***IN cop the dumbest in the world cited me for 5 things (forgot what) when I wrecked my moms car...

My exact words "You are the stupidest F***IN cop I have ever met"

He told me I was speeding, I asked how do you know he said the bumper is everywhere (it was a plastic car Honda Insight) I said what happens when you break plastic? Does it just fall in pieces of fly everywhere...

He handed me my ticket and left, I took it to court and they threw it out because he didnt show..

P.S. I respect all cops untill they act like they are GOD or they are better then anyone, or they just are dicks...

I love the cops who try and be really good cops and fair, but I HATE cops who are "Bow down to me I have a badge"

·
Registered
289 Posts
What he was trying to tell you is that after a certain mph over the speed limit and its on your record and a hell of a lot more expensive. If he really wanted to be a dick he would of just put 75mph on the ticket and it would of cost you a lot more cash. Your lucky because from what a cop told me here in cali it is anything over 15mph and its more expensive and a extra point on your record, I got one of those and never want to get one again. I keep the speed limit now, especially since I have a class A and you cant go to school anymore to take points off your record.

Your mad at the cop for pulling you over for speeding, you were speeding though right? You cant really fight against something you were guilty of doing, its the same infraction. You would have a point maybe if he would have put the 75mph and it would of made it a bigger infraction, but you dont really have anything here in your favor. The ticket for 74mph will be the same amount as the ticket at 65mph. You also have a option of trial by writen declaration if you still want to fight it and dont want to go to court. :2cents

·
Registered
927 Posts
was the ticket for 75 or 65 ?
this officer is confusing the details completly and this might help you win.

And remember you did break the posted speed limit. but he seems to be streaching the details to get more brownie points from his Dept.
truth is most officers are not Aholes.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm almost going to say that's cool that it doesn't go on your record as a whole. Pretty sure in Illinois everything "moving" related is slapped on there.

Doesn't matter since in Chicago if you aren't doing at least 85 you are getting passed like you're in a school zone. Not sure state police even both with people doing anything under 76.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts