Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what i have for starters i have a 92 gt that i blew a crank out in original motor so i got a good deal on mountaineer enigine. i also have bbk 70mm tb, 76mm maf calibrated for 19lb inj, edelbrock performer rpm 2 upper n lower, shorty headers offroad H flowmasters, 9mm plug wires other mods but not related. btw i was stupid n didnt swap cams so its the stock mountaineer cam. after the swap was all done i went for a ride with base timing set at 13* and it ran like crap gradually bumped it to about 18* it runs amazing no pinging or anything or overheating but no matter what my timing is it will not go past 5k it just stops there like its hitting a wall it has a goof maf, plugs n wires are new as well as coiil if anyone has advice i could sure use it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will a tfi cause high rpm breakup though i though all the issues with them was at lower rpms. either way im pickin up a who new dist and see if that help lol the old cam i was scared to use since the cam bearing were bad i didnt know if the cam was ok i have a new E cam on the way

1 - 3 of 3 Posts