Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i went n got my oil changed today, and on the rack... we noticed my front tires were eaten up on the inside.

it already done it before, and we replaced an inner tie-rod end. we also replaced the rack. also have had a tie rod replaced.

we see that it... slants inward, the front end is like... / \
(not that bad but closest example lol)
but yea thats the way it leans. he said something about maybe i needed some plates, and that he thinks it has been dropped... it doesn't look to me like it's been lowered at all. actually im pretty positive it hasn't lol. but neway..

what should I do? i've went thru 4 sets of tires on my front w/i 2 years

·
Registered
218 Posts
find a person trained to do an alignment. you very well will need caster plates. my mustang is maxed out the last time i checked it and next time i'll probably get a set of nice adjustable ones. the stock ones can only be drilled out so much and there done. good luck.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, im pretty sure it isn't... the previous owner was a college girl, and when i bought it it only had 74k miles on it. it was bone stock, im actually... positive

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey chris, what size can i fit on 17x7in rims? i have 245/45 on right now w/o a problem. can i go any wider? or can i just go taller

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
just get the caster and camber fixed, if you had a bad tie rod and diddnt get it re adjusted its just off. it is a simple fix

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i think imma stop taking it to the place i take it to for oil change/alignment... they should tell me that **** before i have to go through another set of tires. it really pisses me off that i've spent $600 in 2 years on tires... and thats mostly from front eating it up!

i've had to change the back twice now too;[ so really prolly around 850-900 dollars on tires! hmm what mods could i have done with that... !!! see where im comin from? i wanna get this fixed completely. just dont know who to take it to. everyone does a half ass job in this area... i wish i knew how 2 mechanic n ****

1 - 8 of 8 Posts