Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a short drive on Sunday...ok...about 260 miles all together...and took a few pics along the way. Most of these were taken at or near the Bonneville Salt Flats. Yes, I washed my car afterwards!!

Ok...for those who have never seen the Tree of Utah...you're really missing out!! Ok...well...maybe not so much...

It's no longer surrounded by water like is was in the late 80's...in fact water is quite a ways away today....which is why I can drive my Mustang out there and take pics!

Of course...EVERYTHING (almost) looks better in HDR...even big concrete things out in the middle of nowhere!!

Looking out across the vast emptiness that is the "Utah West Desert"...

That looks better in HDR too!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heading north off I-80 towards the Salt Flats, there are some mountains that really look cool.
I found one that I particularly liked, and I'm sure it has a name, but I don't know it.
I love the colors and formations along with the cloud cover...the pics just don't do justice...

Of course, I had to use it as a backdrop for a nice HDR shot!
(probably my favorite shot of the trip)

By itself in HDR...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On to the salt!!

On the salt in HDR.
(Hmmmm....a little dark...must redo later...)

Yes...the stuff gets everywhere, and collects on the wheel wells like snow!
I bet I carried about 15 lbs or more to the car wash!!
Took me about $10 to make sure I got it all off the under carriage!

I also made it out to Wendover to see my old friend Wendover Will...

The road home....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naturally, I simply couldn't resist a couple runs across the salt! :devil2:

A couple fly-bys...thought I was gonna take out the camera on #3! :eek:

Here's what 115mph looks like from on top my driver side mirror...
(read the description on the youtube page! ;))

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Sweet pictures!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
That is smoe cool ****ing country. great pics.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Wow that salt build-up is insane! Hope you cleaned her good, nice pics and vids though looks like fun.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
And I just read about that Tree...kinda sad it looks so dilapidated nowadays compared to the pic in the link you provided.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you try doing a salt burnout?

Cool pics though :yes
Not on purpose, but if you watch the fly-by video I posted real closely, you'll see in pass #3 that I put down about 30 feet of dual stripes on the salt. OOPS! :D

I've run the car through two more washes so far this week, both of them with the nice under-carriage blasters, just making sure all the salt is out of there!! :yes

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Ha! I remember that tree from my visit to Wendover.

Nice pics, dude.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Those are some awesome pics man!
Can't wait to get out to Salt Lake, going there to visit a friend in a few weeks... the scenery looks amazing! Whole lot better than flat, boring Ohio...

and I didn't know you could actually go out on the salt flats, might have to take the stang out there :shiftyeyes

I've heard I-191 is a pretty cool drive too :)

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
We have mountains here...but that hardly makes this place exciting, lol. Maybe that's just me, haven't lived anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
well the biggest points of elevation in my city is the garbage landfill, and an overpass...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts