Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh,,, The best China has to offer...2.02/1.60, 60cc chambers, 210cc runners. The casting isn't too shabby at all, I was pleasantly supprised.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ahh,,, The best China has to offer...2.02/1.60, 60cc chambers, 210cc runners. The casting isn't too shabby at all, I was pleasantly supprised.

Did you get those from tristate? Procomps? Better check out the valve train.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i just got some new heads too

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
you're going to be getting some crappy weather in about 2-3 hours

stupid crap woke me up :mad:, huge hail
yeah man.. atlanta just got a tornado a little while ago.. most of the real bad weather has already pssed though

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Did you get those from tristate? Procomps? Better check out the valve train.
They are from a company called performance engine and machine. They are assembled with good stuffs tho. They assemble to your specs. They don't have a crazy ammount of options, but you choose the valve size, valve material, springs exct... I went with 125# installed 300# open, and ss valves.

I give linky...

Performance Engine and Machine

·
Registered
559 Posts
125 on the seat will barely hold a comp xe series of cams, 150 on the seat is the minimum I like to run, dont plan on using any cams that have an aggressive lobe, valve float will kick your ass in 2 minutes flat. Need way more spring, unless your running a flat tappet, then your fine.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
125 on the seat will barely hold a comp xe series of cams, 150 on the seat is the minimum I like to run, dont plan on using any cams that have an aggressive lobe, valve float will kick your ass in 2 minutes flat. Need way more spring, unless your running a flat tappet, then your fine.

Your site says your AFRs are assembled with 120# seat pressure springs????

·
Registered
559 Posts
Your site says your AFRs are assembled with 120# seat pressure springs????
correct AFR sets them up from the factory and thats the old 11/32nd's valve train package (which is why everyone always commented on the junk parts they came with), they have since started using 8mm valvetrain with 135 minimum on the seat. :)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I hear ya. I just went with the springs that would do the job. I looked around and the difference in money to upgrade the springs now for a future cam change would be over budget. They should do fine for my cam, and RPM levels. They are 1.46" OD, what are the benefits of a smaller OD spring? is it less material= greater pressure?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
smaller OD springs are lighter, but generally weaker. Go with the smallest spring that will get the job done. Extra spring pressure is just lost HP and added wear on the valve train.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
smaller OD springs are lighter, but generally weaker. Go with the smallest spring that will get the job done. Extra spring pressure is just lost HP and added wear on the valve train.
And don't forget, less paracitic drag on me wallet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts