Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my IMRCs are stuck closed, so when it starts to snow, i'll start my tear-down and start on my process to cleaning them out. I've never really had any experience taking apart any part of an engine before, so it will be a first time experience for me. I'm both nervous, and excited for it, but hopefully it will go smoothly.

Other than the IMRCs being stuck closed, i have a misfire in cylinder 1. I haven't had time to hook up a scanner to my car, but i've changed all of the spark plugs and realized all of them were gaped to .07, i put the new ones in and gaped them to .054 and it seems to be running a LITTLE bit better. I can only imagine how it is going to feel when i get my IMRCs clean.

I know that i've heard that some people just delete the IMRCs all together, but i'm probably going to keep them in since i don't have the money to pay for a custom tune for it.

I'll have to keep some updates on this thread when it starts to snow. And, i once again hope it all goes well :)

I'll post pictures as i make progress, and i'll make sure to take a ton!

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Welcome to the tech threads where all the cool kids hang out. And just be sure to take your time and you'll do just fine with your imrcs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
For the time being you can open them by hand and zip tie them so they stay open until you have time to get around to fixing them. you will lose a little bit in the low range but will come back to life in the mid-high range. I also have a set of the 98 cobra plastic IMRC runner's that eliminate the sticking issue all together. i may sell them once back in country first week of jan. if you have any questions just ask, like many here i have done the tear down many times myself.

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a diagram of what i need to do to open them up? i don't know exxactly what i'm doing here. Still need to do research on it :lol. I'm doing it in ~2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Buy a haynes manual, it will tell you how to R&R the intake and IMRCs. Once you get the IMRCs removed it will be self explanitory as to howt e zip-ties will be used to hold them open.

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. :)

it will be about 2 weeks before i have room in my garage. I can't wait to feel what this thing runs like when it's clean.

·
Registered
24 Posts
its not that hard, it will be a little time consuming the first time. the second time i took the intake manifold and imrc off it was a lot easier and went by faster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts