Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i pulled the knob for headlights, and my dash lights are out! my radio light and light on the rearview mirror are on and work but, the dash, PRND12 are out. ive checked all my fuses in the car and under the hood. all of them r good. can someone tell me whats up???

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Have you checked the wiring under the dash?

Unless you have a short somewhere, there might just be a loose wire. I can try to find diagram for it.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Oh I was asking because when I did mine I shorted something and the same thing happend to me, It was just a fuse, cheack the fuses under your hood, its either a 40amp or a 35amp fuse...I can't remember

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
its your headlight switch. Replace it and your good to go. All the headlight switch is a potentiometer which is a adjustable resistor, when they go bad they do not complete the circuit anymore, hence why your lights dont work. Autozone has them for $20 or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its your headlight switch. Replace it and your good to go. All the headlight switch is a potentiometer which is a adjustable resistor, when they go bad they do not complete the circuit anymore, hence why your lights dont work. Autozone has them for $20 or so.
i just changed it, and it still doesnt work.....it must be a bad wire

·
Black Beauty
71 Posts
my wife had the same problem with her 99. she had just had an aftermarket radio put in and then her dash lights went out. i pulled the radio out and if i remember corectly the dimmer wire wasn't hooked up (this was almost 3 years ago) but it was touching the metal frame for the radio. i taped it up and then she had dash lights. The only prob she had after that happened was she couldn't dime the dash. They were either on or off. Hope this helps????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts