Modded Mustang Forums banner

141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
You should do the hood man, it's only 4 bolts and all the adjustment is in the hinges(another 4 bolts) so you could put it on, line it up, check clearances, then take the hood back off without messing up the alignment. It would suck to get all the way done and find that hood will not clear...

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
^ what he said.. Theyll take it.. I have a 160,xxx mile engine in my shop floor that shows absolutely 0 wear anywhere.. I won 20 bucks betting my dad that the rod bearings were still perfect..some scuffing but tons of life..Id put 12 to it right now given the opp...

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I'm at 130,xxx

And I wont be running as much as fink.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

You should do the hood man, it's only 4 bolts and all the adjustment is in the hinges(another 4 bolts) so you could put it on, line it up, check clearances, then take the hood back off without messing up the alignment. It would suck to get all the way done and find that hood will not clear...
It will for sure clear, it's a big hood >:)

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Made great progress today, with rethreading my crank, and getting the Underdrive pulley bank on!

Aiming to get the car running with the s/c on by tomorrow.

I need to cut the Cold Air Intake and do some blockoffs and fix the slack on the new throttle cable (easy fix) and put the belt on and hoses, and it should be ready to fire on up!

·
A Zombie
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Guys I promise I'm working on this, just bad updating.

So I started working on the egr delete, and then my bro is like dude let's try firing it up just as a quick test because it could start up and then we could just kill the engine, so I did, and fuel started squirting out of one of the injectors.

I'm thinking ****! so me and my bro unbolt everything take off the fuel rail to reseat it, and we notice a small small tear on the front of the rail DOUBLE ****!

So now I need to replace the fuel rail, and cry in a corner.

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. If it is just the rail, that's a fairly easy fix though. Cheap too if you find one at a pick n' pull.

141 - 160 of 180 Posts