Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I purchased the vehicle about 3000 miles back, for some god-forsaken reason it never crossed me to check the Mud Intake Filter.... I mean Air, my bad. So... We took it off today... I think I know why my car feels slugish...

I think it's time for a new one... The air compressor couldn't even blow it out. :facepalm:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Worst engine abuse I've seen lately.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worst engine abuse I've seen lately.
Yeah, I'm honestly quite pissed at myself. I had the urge to check it out when I baught it but never did, I figured it's been about 3k and it was time for a clean...

Should have checked it awhile back. I'm probably going to be purchasing a MMR900 Soon, but this disheartens me.

·
Registered
18 Posts

This was mine whenever I bought it couldn't believe it and the black sludge that came out of the fuel filter was almost as bad
Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This was mine whenever I bought it couldn't believe it and the black sludge that came out of the fuel filter was almost as bad
Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
So, Replacing the fuel filter should probably be next on my list? Thanks.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I was refering to the PO about abuse and not you. =0
I've actually seen worse. Rotted or mouse chewed. Been in the salvage buissness 20 yrs and have seen some knarley **** come off of the highway. Even seen ppl run without an air filter. Panty hose over intake hoses.etc etc

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I was refering to the PO about abuse and not you. =0
I've actually seen worse. Rotted or mouse chewed. Been in the salvage buissness 20 yrs and have seen some knarley **** come off of the highway. Even seen ppl run without an air filter. Panty hose over intake hoses.etc etc
With the pantyhose at least they tried

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I wouldn't use an air compressor to blow out dirt. Too much pressure and you can effectively create your own K&N filter, or one that at least rivals its filtering abilities.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
haha

All that hype about K&N filters and they are ****. Oh well....haven't found any negatives with the stickers they come with :dunno

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Id definitely check fuel filter next

·
Registered
56 Posts
wow that is bad,ive been haven a heck of a time finding one that will fit my supercharger pipeing and still fit under the fender,but luckily for yall those filters are cheap nothing to worry about but you might change it a bit more often than the previous owner :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts