Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my car sat for 2 years while over seas when i was putting it back on the road i drained the tank replaced the fuel filter blow the lines even got a new fuel pump in it cause all ready had the tank down and the old one had a wine to it car started i was driving it for abought an hour than just died out on me i towed it back home started back up the next day sounded real ruff and shut off so got a new igniton control module pulled the distributer out put it on started right up timing off a little couldnt turn the distributer anymore so i pulled it out like a dummie moved it over a gear wouldnt start since. i retimed it and it still wont start any clues

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have the exact same problem kind of? me and my brother in law swapped over a 89 5.0 auto onto another 5.0 auto. we changed over the transmission and whole block. used our old distributor, old injectors, and starter that was in our working car. now the car doesnt start. when i put the key to the start position it does not crank. but when we do it directly from the piece by the ignition coil it does crank, we have sparks at the plugs but nothing starts. does anyone know what i didnt connect? or something i missed. please help. i would really appreciate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts