Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally finished putting my rear end together with the new 4.10s and axles and all new bearings after i recently broke the stock set up a while back...here comes the shitty part which i should have figured out before but it didnt dawn on me....the guy that owned the car before put a whole rear end out of a 93 cobra in it and i didnt know that. i should have figured it out by still being 4 lug and having disc brakes and when i took the carrier out it had two metal rings on each side not the normal shims you have with aftermarket gears. so i put everything back in the car and im going to hook up the brakes and thats when i realized everything, cobra axles are .75 inches longer and there is no way that these gt axles will work. son of a bitch i would have never thought that cobra axles would be longer. so now i have to wait for new axles to come in before i can drive my car again! well im done bitching now

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i figured that all out after i did some research. to bad i wasnt paying more attention earlier and realized what the previous owner did

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
So I was just thinking about this the other day. Do all rear disk brake conversions use the longer axles in the back, or are there standard length axle rear disk conversions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts