Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you already know that I retired the Cobra and bought a 2007 Toyota Highlander. Got for a steal, but it was nasty. So bad my fiancee thought I made a mistake and paid to much for it. Now that it is cleaned up she loves it.

The previous owners have two huskies which go everywhere with them. The car never had a good cleaning, just touchless washes. Two inches of dog hair filled the underseat areas. The carpets, seats, plastics, and head liner were all covered in dirt, hair, and dog slobber.

I am sorry I do not have any before pics, they are on my good camera, and I don't have my computer to upload them. So all of this is done from my phone including the pics.

Anyway, I did not have time for a full correction, and am out of XMT 360, so I decided to just wash, clay and seal. I was going to use DP Poli-Coat, but I stopped in to Advanced to get a new cabin air filter and saw 1 bottle of Collinite 845! So after all the talk on here I decides to give it a try. Happy I did.

So let's start off. The car first got a bath in dawn and Zep citrus. It also got a zep presoak. After that I broke out the Meguiars clay. Yuck! The car was heavily contaminated.

This is the clay after a 2'*2' section on the hood.

This is the clay after a spot on the roof.

Here is some of the contaminants.

I had already spent two hours vacuuming, two hours and 52oz of citrus cleaner on the plastics, and close to a half of a gallon of Folex just trying to get the interior clean. The water coming out of the seats during extraction was beyond disgusting.

I will try to upload pics when I get to my computer of everything.

Here are a couple of the finished product.

Other products used were DP waterless as a clay lube, Mothers Advanced Tire Care, Mothers FX Wheel & Tire Cleaner, Adams VRT, and DP Extractor pre treatment.

I applied the 845 with a Megs MFDA finishing pad. I wanted to see if it would help clean the paint. It seemed to help.

All in all I like the way the 845 looks, and can't wait to see how it holds up.

My fiancee thinks its a new car!!!!!

The next morning it rained, so I ran out to dry the car, and saw this nice beading. The side panels were completely dry!!!!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great job man
Thanks man!!

Looks good minus the Toyota part!
:lol Thanks. As for the Toyota part: 2007, 34k miles, $12K, 87 octane, fits all my Army gear, many other things. Yep, I love Toyota!!! :lol

Oh, just wait, it will not be stock looking for long. I will make it look nice.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
but nothing like your cobra,and just think,i was going to buy a convert because your looks so good,but not now........you retired it for a yo yo lolMAD

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
Thanks man!!

:lol Thanks. As for the Toyota part: 2007, 34k miles, $12K, 87 octane, fits all my Army gear, many other things. Yep, I love Toyota!!! :lol

Oh, just wait, it will not be stock looking for long. I will make it look nice.

Save your money for the Cobra, This is my DD and I could give a **** what it looks like! Point A to B and back is all I care about. Save the money for the toys!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Meh, he's got an Edge, a Cobra, and the Highlander now...two out three isn't bad. I'll give that to him. hahaha

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
bahahaha noco, :lmao

looks good, and i LOVE 845 for a winter/beater wax, or for when you know the person isnt going to take good care of the car after you do work to it. :mad: :lol

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but nothing like your cobra,and just think,i was going to buy a convert because your looks so good,but not now........you retired it for a yo yo lolMAD
:lol the Cobra is still around. It is just parked so I do not have to drive it once a month from Ft Stewart to Naples and back, drive it where ever the Army sends me, and park it in gravel and sand parking lots. It deserves it.

Save your money for the Cobra, This is my DD and I could give a **** what it looks like! Point A to B and back is all I care about. Save the money for the toys!
Nope! Can't stay stock. I am only going to do a couple small cheap things to it, but just enough so people wonder what is different. Subtle mods.

Meh, he's got an Edge, a Cobra, and the Highlander now...two out three isn't bad. I'll give that to him. hahaha
:lol yeah, but the Edge belongs to the wife type.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Subtle Mods?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LMFAO!!!! Hell yeah!!!!! Now it just needs clear taillights!!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Damn! I didn't even think of that!

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Looks good! Now you just need to have some kids and you'll fit the image.

Oh.....and here's an idea...

And if that's not enough....here's another...

:D

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ARGH!!!! Those doors are the ****!!! I mean ****, just ****, not the ****. :lol

I am thinking this,

Remove all emblems. Toyota emblems will be sprayed to match the car since they can not be removed. Tint the front windows to match the rest. Tint the windshield. Slight, ever so slight, tint to the taillights. Toyota X Runner 18" wheels. New headunit and custom fiberglass sub box. Small box though so I don't lose cargo room. Have a fried of mine take apart the headlights and lose the orange and possibly paint some of the chrome in the headlight silver. HID's in headlights and foglights. Then I should be good. Nothing fancy, ghetto, or rice. Oh and a shorty antenna.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
That actually sounds like a good idea! I'd be interested to see it!

And damn Tink...stealing my thunder! You already have one of the goddamn nicest 2v's around...do you have to steal my thunder in this thread too?!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't worry about Tink. See simply googled images, you had creative talent.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:lol so Tink, do you happen to know a friend who might want to tear apart some Toyota Headlights? :lol

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
:lol so Tink, do you happen to know a friend who might want to tear apart some Toyota Headlights? :lol
HMMMMMM let me think on that and get back to you :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts