Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 10000k Bi-Xenon HID kit from VVME off ebay for $134. Got them installed, and adjusted... I think Lol. Heres some night pics, thoughts?

·
Registered
799 Posts
nice, i love the HID's. can you notice a big difference on how far you can see in the dark? etc...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ya, theres a major difference. I wish I could leave them higher but I dont want to blind people TO much hehe.

Only thing about this kit is that the High/Low is backwards... dont know why. My low beams have way more projection and perpherial light than my High beams. Prolly a wiring thing in there harness.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That looks great! I am thinking about ordering the bi-kit from Stang Mods. But, if I do I just wouldn't be able to resist getting the fog light kit too =D

HID's for the win!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, just some connecting of wires, making 2 grounds, and hooking up the power... easy as cake.

Ya the AM kit is better, but I didnt want to spend 300 bucks for a 8k kit... this kit has more of a blue tint to it.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure man, its REALLY easy... if you have hooked up a stereo or anything electrical, you can do it. I will see if I have time to throw a diagram up for ya.

The HARDest part is mounting the Ballast and Relay. They come with mounting brackets, but its so hard to get a screw into the metel of the engine bay. Plus there such limited room in our engine bay for things of this size that have to be mounted.

I put one Ballast right behind my battery, and another below my Air intake. I used 3M Double Back Tape insted of the brackets. I will also get ya some pics of my setup sometime.

It took me about 4 hours, and most of that was figuring out the mounting and relaying of all the wires. $100 to install that is crazy... now for a shop, it sounds right... but why pay when you can do the same thing.:yes

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Got the linky to them on Ebay? :D

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will post it when I get home from work tonight. Restricted internet here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Only thing about this kit is that the High/Low is backwards... dont know why. My low beams have way more projection and perpherial light than my High beams. Prolly a wiring thing in there harness.
Pull your car up near a wall, facing the wall, and flick the lights form high to low, if the low beam is higher up on the wall than the high beam they are backwards. To fix this, on the 9007 connector, switch the red wire and black wire around.

If the high beam is higher on the wall than the low beam, then it just seems less bright because less of your beams are hitting the road in front of you, and more of it is being scattered around above the road so it will, for example, light up a deer instead of the road in front of the deer.

·
Registered
975 Posts
the best place to hid the ballest in under the rad cover. that way they get some air and don't overheat. that and you can't see them.

here is where im talking about but on the bottom side of the panel.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine would not reach there because of where I mounted my Relay.

I mounted my relay on the driver side strut tower, one ballast behind my batt, and the other under the air intake. They are mostly out of the way, but one is easaliy noticeable.

I will have some pics of mine up soon, Just been really busy with test.

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
Mine would not reach there because of where I mounted my Relay.

I mounted my relay on the driver side strut tower, one ballast behind my batt, and the other under the air intake. They are mostly out of the way, but one is easaliy noticeable.

I will have some pics of mine up soon, Just been really busy with test.
I'm installing mine right now... but I'm having issues with the bulbs fitting in the housing. They won't go in all the way. Did you have this issue?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, I didint... Is it hitting the reflector that is built in to make the light shine back into the housing and then reflect outwards?

If that is the case... All I could see doin is removing that but it could make the lights insanly bright.

·
3,156 Posts
I figured it out... I was just having issues with the cover locking in place. Got it now. Just have to route all the wiring and mount the relays and ballasts. Any tips.

·
3,156 Posts
Oh ya, theres a major difference. I wish I could leave them higher but I dont want to blind people TO much hehe.

Mine was wired correctly... are you sure you're looking at it right?

how hard is the installation? is it just plug and play?
Very easy. Like he said, the hardest part about it is mounting the ballast and relay and routing the wiring. I mounted the ballast and relay with the bracket and screws provided by just drilling small holes or using existing ones. The relay is the the side of the battery, and the ballasts are mounted behind each headlight respectively.

That looks great! I am thinking about ordering the bi-kit from Stang Mods. But, if I do I just wouldn't be able to resist getting the fog light kit too =D

HID's for the win!
The VVME kit is just as good. I was about to order them from AM or StangMods, but this kit is a lot better than expected, and you save so much money. Those kits are overpriced.

Got the linky to them on Ebay? :D
VVME.COM LLC Your Best HID KIT Supplier

·
3,156 Posts
By the way, I went with the 6000K kit which is perfectly white with the slightest tinge of blue. The 10000K is WAAAY too blue for me, plus that just screams to me "Pull me over!!"

1 - 20 of 63 Posts