Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what they started out as... that's rust with scratched and peeling chrome.

Here's what I wanted to do...

Here's what I ended up doing. They are going on my silver vert. I had to strip the chrome, sand, primer, sand, primer, sand, paint 3 coats, sand, paint 2 coats, pinstripe.

I used a flat black industrial paint used for high temp and abrasion resistance. The pin stripe is just car pinstripe that you can buy at Advance Auto. It gives me the option to change colors later, but it sticks incredibly well. I think they turned out really well. I already dropped one and it didn't damage the paint at all.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nice job. Looks like that was very time consuming. Way to be creative and hope they continue to last for you and look as good as they do:cool:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
damn i like that a lot they look beautiful nice job

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Look great but while you have them there why not have them powdercoated? The paint will stay for a bit but you will have to redo them in the next year or so I would say depending on climate...

·
Registered
319 Posts
wow thats the cleanest saleens ive seen! i want them ha

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
looks good

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Looks real nice! Giving me ideas man.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, that looks really good. there is a Saleen running around in Pueblo CO that has the same idea, but they dont look as good. i really like the semi-gloss finish you have. the pinstripe from auto-zone was a good idea!!! When I do this to motorcycle wheels, I just use paint, and I just spin the wheel and hold the paintbrush in one spot.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Nice restoration there!! reps

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, that looks really good. there is a Saleen running around in Pueblo CO that has the same idea, but they dont look as good. i really like the semi-gloss finish you have. the pinstripe from auto-zone was a good idea!!! When I do this to motorcycle wheels, I just use paint, and I just spin the wheel and hold the paintbrush in one spot.
That's what I was going to do, but didn't have the brass to mess up my new paint job.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts