Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 Jeep Cherokee.
I had big plans for her, but I actually just listed her for sale yesterday.
The paint is nearly perfect although you can't tell in these pictures as I took them in the rain with my phone.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
quitter

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Quitter...I know...:(
I hate to get rid of it. I listed it high so it could buy me some time to decide if I really want to sell it or not ;). Gas is just getting so expensive and I am taking a 4000 mile road trip this summer and I'd love to take the Jeep but itd cost me $1000 in gas alone. I'm planning on downsizing to a small car...say goodbye to off-roading, camping (my style camping anyway) and hauling my dog around everywhere. Im lookin at a 98 cavalier z24. Black with a 5spd. I could mess around with that to make it cool right......RIGHT?

My plans for the jeep were to put a 3 inch lift in it. 15X10" black steelies from roughcountry.com with some aggressive 31" tires (didn't want to go too huge since its my driver). Rocker bars, finish off the tint, custom roof rack with another set of off-road lights, and if I got real ambitious I was going to put a snorkle in it, just for fun. That's really about it. Its already a beast through mud and snow, I just wanted to increase its capabilities a bit with some better tires and a bit more clearance. I dont do much serious off-roading so I didn't need to go extreme.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what were plans? Why not carried out?

I love those Jeeps, The way they look. But it's auto, only the standards are fun. Lol.

EDIT: How much?
Its also hard to split the money between the stang and the Jeep. The car is more fun, so I put more into that and I just don't get to do what I want with the Jeep. I mean wheels are only a couple hundred, but tires alone are close to a grand. And now gas prices are so crazy, I need a driver that gets more than 16 mpgs. I also travel a lot and no longer have a significant other with a cobalt capable of 40mpg to take on road trips....

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Its people like you that make this so damn hard :D
Yeah....I do want to keep it! The thing is fun as hell. I just know that I shouldn't.
Unlessss...anyone have a vehicle for me to borrow for my trip from Minnesota to Kentucky to Chattanooga, TN to Wilmington, NC, back to Minnesota? I'll only need it for 10 days and will only put about 3800 miles on it. And the good thing is that it will be ready for an oil change when I get back and you didn't even have to drive it!!! You're welcome;)

But seriously, its been a great vehicle, but its got 180,000 miles on it (just getting broken in I know) and I get bored real fast.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^Looks sick!!
I'd love to keep it and mod it and get a different daily driver, but I rent my buddy's basement. Him and his wife have 3 vehicles, I have the stang parked to the side of the garage and there isn't much space left over for my jeep. I'm not sure they'd like me to have a 3rd vehicle crammed in their yard. I don't really have the cash for a 3rd vehicle anyway. I'm gonna trade straight up for something or sell it outright and see if I can find a good deal on somethin. Im not spendin any extra...I hope to be movin out of state soon so I need all the reserves I can get in case the job search doesn't go well!!

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Dude.. Park that **** right on the front lawn once you mod it. Your neighbors will appreciate it. Trust me. lol

This past winter you have no clue how many comments I have gotten. I was refrensed as a friggen lank mark. " The street with the guy that has his jeep on top of the snow bank; that's the street you want." All the time man. Don't sell it. You will regret it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^Damn it! I had my mind set today. Now you got me questioning it.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
KEEP IT!!! Just deal with the gas on that one trip. I drove mine down to NC for our honey moon it really wasnt to bad.

Mine!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KEEP IT!!! Just deal with the gas on that one trip. I drove mine down to NC for our honey moon it really wasnt to bad.

Mine!

I hear ya. I've been telling myself that all day today. "It's just ONE trip." I figure if I can stick behind some big trucks, which I always like to do anyway, I should be able to do some good drafting and maybe get her around 23-25 mpgs. That should keep my fuel cost under $700. That's a lot of money, but this is an important trip so I could consider it an "investment."
sickfox--what did you get for mileage with yours on your way to NC?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What lift do you have on your cherokee?

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Well I was already lifted with bigger then stock tires but I was around 15mpg. :\ My jeep isnt known for getting good gas mileage tho. A lot of other jeeps get better mpg's then me.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
15 is no good bro haha. I split highway and city driving and average around 17. I've seen near 20mpg when I drove about 3/4 of a tank worth of gas all on highway, which I was happy with. I just have stock wheels and tires and its not lifted at all, so that is the only thing going for it as far as good mileage. Otherwise its like driving a brick.

You guys have way too much influence on me. I'm really leaning toward not selling it now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts